Bachelor of Commerce
Salient Features of Commerce & Management Studies:
- Highly qualified, committed, and experienced faculty members both at industry and academics
- Intensive syllabus coverage system and hence excellent University results.
- Strong linkage with industries for training & placement.
- State-of-the-art class rooms equipped with LCD.
- Placement oriented soft skill training program for the benefit of the student.
- Continuous evaluation of the student on the basis of seminars, case study analysis, group discussions, mini projects, paper presentations and industrial visits.
- 100% placement assistance for up to six months even after completion of the course; if the student registers for placement assistance with the coordinator.
- Placement & Training: Separate training and placement co-ordinator at the department helping the students in their placement.
Non Teaching Staff
The Commerce Forum “RHYTHM” in our College is committed to the enhacement and development of the Commerce program as well as the college community as a whole. Members serve as a network for all students participating in the Commerce course. Forum members develop essential skills that provide a competitive edge and contribute to overall success in their chosen careers. Additionally, members are encouraged to foster a community conducive to learning.
Through it’s Commerce Forum RHYTHM with its punch line ‘It sounds when the teamwork starts’ formed by B.Com students, the department aims to provide a stage for enhancing the skills and knowledge of the students. Regular workshops, seminars, guest lectures, and presentations are conducted in the forum whereby the creative abilities of the students is enhanced and it also builds skills which are required to develop a prospective career in future and help them to improve their application development skills.
The activities of the forum was inaugurated by Smt. Arunadevi S Y Joint secretary of PESITM, Shivamogga.
The commerce students actively involved themselves in various programmes inside the campus as well as outside the campus.
Apart from these activities many Guest Lectures were organized from the experts on the areas of Charted Accountancy as a profession, career openings for B.Com students, setting different trend and style in commerce education, leadership qualities, speed mathematics, mental aptitude and Memory power.
- The Department organized A Seminar on “Career opportunities For Company Secretaries” on 11-08-2017 was conducted by MR.Vasanth Kumar; chairman of the ICSI Bangalore as well as another person is MR.Karthik S.N member of Institute Of Company Secretaries Of India Spoke on the occasion.
Academic year 2017-2018
- The Department Organized seminar on “Company Secretary of India (ICSI) on 19-07-2016”.
- The Department Organized Cooking without Fire on 31-03-2017 Participated Number of Teams are 23
- Won many awards in State level management Fest “Akshara Pro-2017” on 11-02-2017 by Akshara College.
Academic year 2016-2017
- The Department Organized and conducted General Quiz competition on 30-09-2015 Participated Number of students are 18 members.
- The Department Organized and conducted Juice fest on 22-03-2016, 23 teams participated in event.
- The Department Organized seminar on “Charted Accountant course was conducted by Mrs. Kusum R.H Charted Accountant, Director of Blue Square management Consultants India Pvt.co.Ltd.”
Academic year 2015-2016
- The Department Organized and Conducted Vegetable Carving Competition held on 13-02-2015 and won first and Second Prizes.
- Students participated in a one day workshop on Rajneesh organized by Samanvaya NGO on 12-02-2014.
- Students bagged “Best manager prize and second place in HR event” of Management Fest MGNOVIBES 2014 which was organized by Sahyadri arts and Commerce college Shimoga on 18-02-2014.
Academic year 2014-2015
- The Department Organized a presentation program for students guiding them to present anything with in limited resources and time on 24-07-2013
- The Department Organized a workshop on “Mental Aptitude, Memory power” by MR. kumara Swamy M (Human Computer) on 22-08-201
- The Department Organized and conducted New Product Lunching on 22-03-2014 at PESIAMS.
Academic year 2013-2014
- The commence forum RHYTHM was inaugurated on 23-02-2012 by MR.Sudharshan, Founder of Thayimane, NGO.
- The Department Organized “An Expert talk on Charted accountancy Profession by MRS. R.H Kusum, Charted accountant, Director of Blue Square Management Consultant Indian Pvt on 25-07-2012
- The Department Organized a guest lecture on “Carrier openings for B.com graduated and Benefits of CA Profession” on 31-08-2012.
- The Department Organized a seminar on “Setting a different trend and Style in Commerce Education” MR.Abhijith on 30-08-2012
- The Department Organized guest lecture on “New age cleaning system” by MR.Srinath CAO, PES Trust” Shimoga on 12-09-2012
- The Department Organized guest lecture on “Leadership Qualities’ by MR.Srinath CAO,PES Trust” Shimoga on 13-09-2012
- The Department Organized a guest lecture on “Speed Mathematics” by Satish pai on 11-01-2013
- The Department Organized a presentation progamme for students guiding them to present anything with in limited resources and time on 24-01-2013.
Academic year 2012-2013
Mr.Rakesh Vinsent D’Souza
Head of the Department
Department of Bachelor of Commerce
PESIAMS – Shivamogga.
Ph : 9980538956.