Bachelor of Commerce
Salient Features of Commerce & Management Studies:
- Highly qualified, committed, and experienced faculty members both at industry and academics
- Intensive syllabus coverage system and hence excellent University results.
- Strong linkage with industries for training & placement.
- State-of-the-art class rooms equipped with LCD.
- Placement oriented soft skill training program for the benefit of the student.
- Continuous evaluation of the student on the basis of seminars, case study analysis, group discussions, mini projects, paper presentations and industrial visits.
- 100% placement assistance for up to six months even after completion of the course; if the student registers for placement assistance with the coordinator.
- Placement & Training: Separate training and placement co-ordinator at the department helping the students in their placement.
Non Teaching Staff
The Commerce Forum “RHYTHM” in our College is committed to the enhacement and development of the Commerce program as well as the college community as a whole. Members serve as a network for all students participating in the Commerce course. Forum members develop essential skills that provide a competitive edge and contribute to overall success in their chosen careers. Additionally, members are encouraged to foster a community conducive to learning.
Through its Commerce Forum RHYTHM with its punch line ‘It sounds when the teamwork starts’ formed by B.Com students, the department aims to provide a stage for enhancing the skills and knowledge of the students. Regular Workshops, Seminars, Guest lectures, and Presentations are conducted in the forum whereby, the creative abilities of the students are enhanced and it also builds the skills which are required to develop a prospective career in future and help them to improve their application development skills.
The activities of the forum were inaugurated by Smt. Arunadevi S Y Joint secretary of PESITM, Shivamogga.
The commerce students actively involved themselves in various programmes inside the campus as well as outside the campus. Apart from these activities many Guest Lectures were organized from the experts on the areas of Charted Accountancy as a profession, career openings for B.Com students, setting different trend and style in commerce education, leadership qualities, speed mathematics, mental aptitude and Memory power.
- The department had organized a Seminar on “Career Opportunities for Company Secretaries” on 11-08-2017. The seminar was conducted by Mr.Vasanth Kumar, Chairman of the ICSI Bangalore and Mr.Karthik S.N, member of Institute of Company Secretaries of India.
- The department had organized a Guest talk on “Proposal for Introducing ACCA UK Professional Qualification” on 26-12-2017 by Mr. Satish M.
- The department had organized a Guest talk on ‘‘Corporate Social Responsibility’’ on 1-2-2018 by Mr. Somashekara M.S.
- The department had organized an event “Just a Minute” on 20-02-2018. The event got an overwhelming response by way of Maximum participation by the students. Total number of participants for the event was 40.
Academic year 2017-2018
- The department had organized a seminar on “Company Secretary of India (ICSI)” on 19-07-2016.
- The department had conducted an event “Cooking without Fire” on 31-03-2017. The students participated with full zeal and enthusiasm. Total number of 23 teams had participated.
- Team of students from the department participated in the State Level Management Fest “Akshara Pro-2017” held at Akshara College on 11-02-2017.
Academic year 2016-2017
- The department had organized a Seminar on “Charted Accountant Course” by Mrs. Kusum R.H, Charted Accountant, and Director of Blue Square Management Consultants India Pvt. Co.Ltd.
- The department had organized a “General Quiz Competition” on 30-09-2015. Eighteen students had participated in the quiz contest.
- The department had organized “Juice Fest” on 22-03-2016. Twenty three teams had participated and made the event successful.
Academic year 2015-2016
- The department had organized “Vegetable Carving Competition” on 13-02-2015.
- The department had attended one day Workshop, organized by Samanvaya an NGO on 12-02-2014.
- Team of students attended “Management Fest MAGNOVIBES 2014”, organized by Sahyadri Arts and Commerce College, Shimoga on 18-02-2014. The fest was informative and a memorable experience. The students of our college bagged “Best Manager title and Second Place in a HR Event”.
Academic year 2014-2015
- The department had organized a “Presentation Program” for the students with the purpose of guiding them to present with limited resources and time held on 24-07-2013.
- The department had organized a Workshop on “Mental Aptitude, Memory Power” by Mr. Kumara Swamy M (Human Computer) held on 22-08-2013.
- The department had conducted an event “New Product Launching”, held on 22-03-2014.
Academic year 2013-2014
- The Commence forum ‘RHYTHM’ was inaugurated on 23-02-2012 by Mr. Sudharshan, Founder of Thayimane, an NGO.
- The department had organized “Expert Talk on Charted Accountancy Profession” by Mrs. R.H Kusum, Charted Accountant, Director of Blue Square Management Consultant India Pvt Ltd held on 25-07-2012.
- The department had organized a Guest lecture on “Carrier Openings” for B.com graduated and Benefits of CA Profession had on 31-08-2012.
- The department had organized a Seminar on “Setting a Different Trend and Style” in Commerce Education Mr.Abhijith on 30-08-2012.
- The department had organized a Guest lecture on “New Age Cleaning System” by Mr.Srinath CAO, PES Trust Shimoga on 12-09-2012.
- The department had organized a Guest lecture on “Leadership Qualities” by MR.Srinath CAO,PES Trust Shimoga on 13-09-2012.
- The department had organized a Guest lecture on “Speed Mathematics” by Satish Pai on 11-01-2013.
- The department had organized a “Presentation Progamme” for the students with purpose of guiding them to present with limited resources and time on 24-01-2013.
Academic year 2012-2013
Mr.Rakesh Vinsent D’Souza
Head of the Department
Department of Bachelor of Commerce
PESIAMS – Shivamogga.
Ph : 9980538956.