Bachelor of Commerce
Salient Features of Commerce & Management Studies:
- Highly qualified, committed, and experienced faculty members both at industry and academics
- Intensive syllabus coverage system and hence excellent University results.
- Strong linkage with industries for training & placement.
- State-of-the-art class rooms equipped with LCD.
- Placement oriented soft skill training program for the benefit of the student.
- Continuous evaluation of the student on the basis of seminars, case study analysis, group discussions, mini projects, paper presentations and industrial visits.
- 100% placement assistance for up to six months even after completion of the course; if the student registers for placement assistance with the coordinator.
- Placement & Training: Separate training and placement co-ordinator at the department helping the students in their placement.
Non Teaching Staff
The Commerce Forum “RHYTHM” in our College is committed to the enhacement and development of the Commerce program as well as the college community as a whole. Members serve as a network for all students participating in the Commerce course. Forum members develop essential skills that provide a competitive edge and contribute to overall success in their chosen careers. Additionally, members are encouraged to foster a community conducive to learning.
Through it’s Commerce Forum RHYTHM with its punch line ‘It sounds when the teamwork starts’ formed by B.Com students, the department aims to provide a stage for enhancing the skills and knowledge of the students. Regular workshops, seminars, guest lectures, and presentations are conducted in the forum whereby the creative abilities of the students is enhanced and it also builds skills which are required to develop a prospective career in future and help them to improve their application development skills.
The activities of the forum was inaugurated by Smt. Arunadevi S Y Joint secretary of PESITM, Shivamogga.
The commerce students actively involved themselves in various programmes inside the campus as well as outside the campus.
Apart from these activities many Guest Lectures were organized from the experts on the areas of Charted Accountancy as a profession, career openings for B.Com students, setting different trend and style in commerce education, leadership qualities, speed mathematics, mental aptitude and Memory power.
- A Seminar on “Career opportunities For Company Secretaries” on 11-08-2017 was conducted by MR.Vasanth Kumar; chairman of the ICSI Bangalore as well as another person is MR.Karthik S.N member of Institute Of Company Secretaries Of India Spoke on the occasion.
Academic year 2017-2018
- A seminar on “Company Secretary of India (ICSI) on 19-07-2016”.
- We have conducted Cooking without Fire on 31-03-2017 Participated Number of Teams are 23
- Akshara College conducted State level management Fest “Akshara Pro-2017” on 11-02-2017.
Academic year 2016-2017
- We have conducted General Quiz competition on 30-09-2015 Participated Number of students are 18 members.
- We have conducted another activity is Juice fest on 22-03-2016 participated in 23 teams.
- A seminar on “Charted Accountant course was conducted by Mrs. Kusum R.H Charted Accountant, Director of Blue Square management Consultants India Pvt.co.Ltd.”
Academic year 2015-2016
- We have Conducted Vegetable Carving Competition held on 13-02-2015 and won first and Second Prizes.
- Our students participated in a one day workshop on Rajneesh organized by Samanvaya NGO on 12-02-2014.
- Our students bagged “Best manager prize and second place in HR event” of Management Fest MGNOVIBES 2014 which was organized by Sahyadri arts and Commerce college Shimoga on 18-02-2014.
Academic year 2014-2015
- Organized a presentation program for students guiding them to present anything with in limited resources and time on 24-07-2013
- Organized a workshop on “Mental Aptitude, Memory power” by MR. kumara Swamy M (Human Computer) on 22-08-201
- We have conducted New Product Lunching held on 22-03-2014
Academic year 2013-2014
- The commence forum RHYTHM was inaugurated on 23-02-2012 by MR.Sudharshan, Founder of Thayimane, NGO.
- Organized “An Expert talk on Charted accountancy Profession by MRS. R.H Kusum, Charted accountant, Director of Blue Square Management Consultant Indian Pvt on 25-07-2012
- Organized a guest lecture on “Carrier openings for B.com graduated and Benefits of CA Profession” on 31-08-2012.
- Organized a seminar on “Setting a different trend and Style in Commerce Education” MR.Abhijith on 30-08-2012
- Organized guest lecture on “New age cleaning system” by MR.Srinath CAO, PES Trust” Shimoga on 12-09-2012
- Organized guest lecture on “Leadership Qualities’ by MR.Srinath CAO,PES Trust” Shimoga on 13-09-2012
- Organized a guest lecture on “Speed Mathematics” by Satish pai on 11-01-2013
- Organized a presentation progamme for students guiding them to present anything with in limited resources and time on 24-01-2013.
Academic year 2012-2013
Mr.Rakesh Vinsent D’Souza
Head of the Department
Department of Bachelor of Commerce
PESIAMS – Shivamogga.
Ph : 9980538956.