The Department of Civil Engineering in PESPT was established in the year 2011. The present approved intake is 45 students.
The Department aims to bring out engineers equipped with the latest technical skills & global exposure who are ready to handle any sort of practical issue with ease with their theoretical background.
The Department has been very proactive in industrial interaction and technology development.
To produce quality civil engineers & entrepreneurs with professional skills, having concerns for environmental sustainability and the society.
To effectively train our students as civil engineers who can serve the society competently, collaboratively and ethically as planners, designers, constructors and Entrepreneurs.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO'S)
Programme Outcomes (PO’s)
- able to apply the knowledge of Engineering to solve construction related problems and involve in research activities.
- Able to Plan, design and execute the societal applications of Civil engineering
- To Involve effectively as a member or as a leader towards achieving goals in Civil engineering projects
- To Engage in professional consultancy and continuous learning to accomplish professional growth
A Diploma (Civil Engineering graduate) student is able to
1. Basic Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics and sciences to be applied in the field of Civil Engineering.
2. Discipline Knowledge: Identify and critically analyze problems related to Civil Engineering by using appropriate analytical tools and through literature review.
3. Experiments and practice: Investigate the identified problems, plan and perform experiments, case studies and practices and use the results, data from literature, databases and relevant codes to solve identified engineering problems and provide valid conclusions.
4. Engineering tools: Ability to identify appropriate techniques, resources, and modern tools in civil engineering activities and also understand their limitations.
5. The engineer and society: Demonstrate the responsibilities of a Civil Engineer in issues relating to the global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
6. Environment and sustainability: Understand the need for sustainable development in the field civil engineering in the wake of depleting natural resources..
7. Ethics: Understand norms of engineering and be committed to ethical and professional responsibilities of a Civil Engineer.
8. Individual and team work: Function effectively in diverse technical teams as a leader or as a member.
9. Communications: ability to communicate effectively by giving and receiving clear instructions, through effective presentations with the civil engineering community and the society at large and be able to design documents and write effective reports..
10. Life-long learning: Engage in life-long learning particularly in innovative and specialised technologies.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
The diploma graduate in civil engineering students will be able to
PSO1: Utilize the Civil engineering knowledge and problem analysis skills to conceptualize, develop, and execute the civil engineering projects.
PSO2: Deploying quality Civil Engineers to work towards societal needs to achieve environmental and sustainable development.
PSO3: Prepare detailed drawings, Cost estimates, reports, walk through view Interact with clients, manage workers, work in a team and executes construction works.
Surveying Laboratory provides students with hands-on experience to supplement instruction in surveying courses.
The Surveying Laboratory has a wide variety of modern surveying equipment, such as GPS-based surveying equipment, total stations, Digital theodolites, and automatic levels for basic instructional and research purposes. Undergraduate students use the laboratory as an integral part of their surveying coursework and obtain any topographic information that can help their capstone design projects, such as highway design and land development. Student use of the lab is preceded by appropriate safety training and instruction on the use and care for the equipment.
CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE LAB
Construction is a traditional science which deals with the modern method of sound construction incorporating appropriate use of materials, sufficient strength and permanence, maximum utility, and good proportion and grace. The building design has been the responsibility of the architect, though the construction has been the responsibility of civil engineer.
The aim of the construction practical is to acquaint civil engineers, architects, builders, contractors, with the basics principles as well as current design practices in the construction of building. Construction is the process of adding structure to real property or construction of buildings.