The Electrical and Electronics department was established in 2011 with the current intake of 45 seats. The main objective of Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department is to furnish a quality electrical circuit building training with broad hands-on practical facility and experience that will empower our students to practice their profession with proficiency and integrity.
Create globally competent Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists to excel their skills in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
• M1: Provide the environment where industry oriented education is imparted through systematic teaching and learning process in interaction with industry and alumni.
• M2: Develop value based system of education by offering well-balanced programme of instruction.
• M3: Develop practical experience and giving opportunities for overall personality development.
• M4: Create life-long learning by enhancing the knowledge base and skills necessary to contribute to the improvement of their profession and community
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE (PEO’s)
1. To excel in Electrical and Electronics Engineering field and apply the knowledge in diverse fields that requires professional skills.
2. To contribute Electrical and Electronics Engineering skills in the field ethically.
3. To promote students pursue professional development, entrepreneurship and continuing education for their career growth and create enthusiasm for life-long learning.
PROGRAMME OUTCOMES (PO’s)
1. Basic Knowledge- Ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and basic Engineering concepts to Electrical and Electronics Engineering field.
2. Discipline Knowledge- Ability to apply knowledge of Electrical and Electronics Engineering to recognize and solve core engineering problems.
3. Experiments and Practice- Ability to perform Electrical and Electronics related experiments and use the knowledge to identify design and solve Engineering problems.
4. Engineering Tools- Ability to acquire skills using modern Engineering tools to provide solutions to Engineering problems.
5. The Engineer and Society- Ability to demonstrate social responsibilities relevant to Engineering practice.
6. Environment and Sustainability- Ability to exhibit environmental concern and apply sustainable solutions in the field of Engineering.
7. Ethics- Ability to practice professional ethics.
8. Individual and Team Work- Ability to involve and contribute effectively in a team.
9. Communication- Ability to communicate effectively.
10. Life-Long Learning- Ability to involve in life-long learning and engage in recent trends and technology.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO’S)
The diploma graduates of Electrical and Electronics Engineering will be able to:
PSO1 Apply the knowledge of electrical machines and transformers in the areas of Electrical power Generation, transmission, Distribution and Utilization.
PSO2Solve problems in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering by applying the knowledge acquired from Circuit, analog & digital electronics, industrial drives & control to the field of electrical & electronics systems in industry.
PSO3Apply modern software tools like PLC automation, MAT lab and CAD for design, simulation and analysis of electrical systems.
Electrical Machines Lab
Electrical Machine Lab represents the practical implementation of the electric Machines, as it is equipped with Transformers, DC motors, Induction motors, Synchronous motors, Universal motors, Synchronous generators, Where in this lab students can investigate practically the single phase and three-phase characteristics and speed and torque characteristics for the available mentioned equipments.
• To empower students to determine the parameter of AC,DC machines and transformers by performing experiments on these machines.
• To enable students to identify and solve AC,DC machine and Transformer related problems.
• The ability to troubleshoot the operation of an electrical machine.
Power Electronics Lab
The power electronics lab enhances the students by providing them the better understanding of the concepts and working of advanced power semiconductor devices and power electronic circuits. This lab also provides the platform for students to perform and check their minor project, design and major project. This lab enables the students to make and test their project.
• Introduce the basic topologies of power switching circuits
• Introduce the hardware and software used in power electronic switching circuits and power conditioning systems.
• Investigate integration of power electronic convertors with electric machines.
• Power electronics modeling ,simulation and experimental verification.
Mr. Sujay M. V.
HOD, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Sagar Road, Shimoga-577204
Email ID: email@example.com