The department of Metallurgy was started in the year 2013 with a intake of 60 students. The Department is functioning with set standards with respect to teaching, assessment and demonstration of practical subjects and having highly motivated and dedicated team of young and energetic lecturers.
|Mr. Sachin Gujjar U.||Lecturer|
|Mr. Madhu A P||Lecturer|
• All the 3rd sem metallurgy students were introduced STEEL UNIVERSITY .ORG, and E –learning online was made possible and excellent study material of the subjects prescribed by DTE, also E-Books made available.
• All the 3rd sem metallurgy students were provided with the latest information in Iron making with animations, simulations of metallurgical Processes.
• All the parents of departmental students were interacted with on several occasions and during parents meet on 22nd September, 2014 and were taken to confidence.
• Teacher’s day was celebrated on 5th September, 2014 and students spoke on the occasion and expressed the reverence for teachers on the occasion.
• Engineer’s day was celebrated on 15th September, 2014 and the ideals of Sir M. Vishweshwaraiah were reiterated to students.
HOD, PES Polytechnic
Shimoga – 577204