Timetable scheduling has been a human requirement since humans thought of managing time effectively. It is a schedule of time for coordinating students, teachers, class-rooms, and other resources of an educational institution. It is a schedule that sets out time at which specific subjects are intended to be engaged.
- To give students, teachers, parents and administrators a clear picture of the schedule of classes.
- To make maximum utilization of the college resources such as classroom availability, teacher availability, and material availability.
- To ensure accountability and transparency of classes scheduled and engaged.
Composition of the Timetable Committee for the AY 2020-21:
|1.||Dr. K. Sailatha, Principal||Chairperson|
|2.||Mrs. Roopa D.S, HOD, Dept. of Computer Science||Coordinator|
|3.||Ms. Swathi J, Assistant Professor||Coordinator|
|4.||Dr. Nagaraj S R, M.Com coordinator||Member|
|5.||Dr. Sudharshan G.M, HOD ,Dept. of Commerce & Management||Member|
- Preparing master timetable.
- Verifying class and individual timetable prepared by class teachers and subject teachers.
- Notifying the class timetable on the notice board after the approval of the Principal.
- Maintaining proper documentation.
Standard Operating Procedure:
- The HODs prepare workload on the basis of total number of teaching hours.
- The HODs take the willingness of faculty to teach subjects through a structured document.
- The Principal and HODs will allot subjects to the faculty members based on their willingness and competency.
- Subject allocation details will be shared to the timetable coordinator for preparing master timetable.
- The Coordinators of different departments will allot slots for languages to avoid overlapping and then allot slots for core subjects of their respective departments.
- The Coordinator will share master timetable with the class teachers to prepare their respective class timetable and to verify overlapping of subjects in the given schedule.
- Class teachers and their respective subject teachers will prepare the individual faculty timetable and verify overlapping.
- The Finalized timetable will be taken for approval of the HOD and the Principal.
- The Approved master timetable and class timetable will be notified on the notice board for students’ information.
- Individual Faculty timetable will be circulated among the faculties.
- Proper documentation will be maintained under ‘AAA’ format.