CLUSTER and NSS forums of PES Institute of Advanced Management Studies jointly had organized a “Computer Awareness Program” for Government Primary School, Srirampura, Sagar Road, Shivamogga for Seventh standard students on 07-12-2019 from 11.00 AM to 12.30 PM. The program was initiated to create the awareness of Computers since their usage have almost become Omni present and a part of every bodies daily lives and also important in the field of education.
Dr. Sudharshan G. M., HOD, Commerce and Management Department, welcomed the gathering and Dr. K. Sailatha, Principal, gave valuable suggestions about future goals and also insisted the students that any future guidance in education will also be provided by the Institution. Mrs. Roopa D. S., HOD, Computer Science Department, and faculty members of Computer Science Department were also present.
Mr. Rangswamy H., faculty member of Computer Science department gave a session on the basic knowledge and working of computers the session was interactive. The students were also given basic practical knowledge of MS Word in Computer science lab from the faculty members of department. The session has proven to be very inspiring and informative for the students.
- Understanding the basic structure and functioning of input, output and storage devices such as monitor, keyboard, mouse, speaker, hard disk, CD drive, scanner and printer.
- Acquire intuitively the ideas of how computer works, acquire mouse skills such as move, click, double click and drag & drop.
- Operate computer systems in Windows environment and get familiar with basic MS Word.
- Students got the basic idea about computer and computer peripherals.
- The presentation incorporated with supportive images and the students were shown the real hardware components of computer. Students interacted with the faculty member and clarified their doubts.
- Students were motivated positively with the animation video of computer.