Introduction: It is good to air a grievance rather than to keep it bottled up. The grievance procedure is a machinery to sort out the issues between students and the institution. It is a means by which a student who believes that, he / she has been treated unfairly with respect to his / her academic / administrative affairs or is convinced to be discriminated is redressed. It enables students to express feelings by initiating and pursuing the grievance procedure in accordance with the rules and regulations of the institution. It involves a process of investigating grievances and analyzing the nature and pattern of the grievances in a strictly confidential manner. Matters are disclosed to only those, who have a legitimate role in resolving the matter. Emphasis on procedural fairness has been given with a view to “the right to be heard and right to be treated without bias”.
As per the rules and regulations laid down by the AICTE / UGC / SPPU, for Higher Educational Institutions, PES Institute of Advanced Management Studies has this Committee since its inception with different nomenclatures and has the composition accordingly. From 2018-19 this committee has been reformed as Grievance Redressal Committee with the following in different positions to inquire the nature and extent of grievance.
Grievance Redressal Committee :
|1||Dr. K Sailatha||Chairperson|
|2||Dr. Krishna M M||Member|
|3||Dr. Dileep Kumar S D||Member|
|4||Ms. Roopa D S||Member|
|5||Ms. Shwetha B R||Member|
|6||Mr. Keerthan P - B.Com||Member|
|7||Ms. Sadaf Banu - BCA||Member|
|8||Mr. Mohan D||Coordinator|
|9||Ms. Kavitha U P||Member- Secretary|
Objectives of the Committee
- To investigate the cause of grievances.
- To create awareness of availability of members for students and faculties to report grievances.
- To formulate the policy to investigate and review complaints or grievances of students and faculties.
- To ensure effectual solution depending upon the gravity of the grievance.
Roles & Responsibilities of Grievance Redressal Committee
The basic aim of the Grievance Redressal Committees is to ensure a quick response to and accountability of all concerns of the students of PES Institute of Advanced Management Studies.
The key roles & responsibilities of the committee are as follows:
- To resolve student grievances related to both academic as well as non-academic matters.
- To ensure there is no bias or prejudices while dealing with students
- To promote and establish transparent practices related to students
- To create an conducive environment for learning
Nature of Grievances falling under the committee
- Demand of excess money other than that specified in the declared admission policy or approved by the competent authority to be charged by the institution;
- Complaints of the students, from the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Minority or Disabled categories;
- Non publication of prospectus/Voucher, as specified;
- Denial of quality education as promised at the time of admission or required to be provided;
- Publishing any information in the prospectus, which is false or misleading, and not based on facts;
- On provision of student amenities as may have been promised or required to be provided by the institution;
- Non-payment or delay in payment of scholarships to eligible student that such institution is committed, under the conditions imposed by University Grants Commission, or by any other authority
Grievance Resolving Mechanism
The committee shall meet as and when the written complaint received by the committee and from the date of receipt of the any petition/complaint from any student/staff or parent and take necessary steps as deem fit (conduct a meeting/inquiry/collect information etc.) and submit its recommendations within a week for further needful.
If any student feels his/her grievances are not resolved even after the intervention from Coordinator or HOD, he/she may register a grievance at the section available on the college website and all such grievances will be handled by Grievance Redressal Committee of the institution.