The National Service Scheme(NSS) started on September 24, 1969, during the Gandhi centenary year. The scheme was first launched in 37 Universities comprising 40,000 students.
Today NSS has become the largest Government organization of students in the country comprising members from PU to the university level. The strength of volunteers has now increased to more than 30 lakhs, which makes NSS one of the largest student forces in the world.
NSS is useful not only for the development of student’s personality, but also helps to promote unity and integrity of the nation by bringing together young people from diverse geographical and socio-cultural backgrounds.
NSS unit of the college is actively working from the academic year 2012-2013 under the different programme officers. Currently Mr. Sathish V is the programme officer.
The main objective of NSS is “Development of the Personality of Students through Community Service”
Aim of NSS
NSS is a part of our academic, social and personal life as it is the third dimension of education. It allows students to actively contribute their services for the cause of community and nation, thus helping them develop their personality. Also it encourages them to attain the traits of a leader. NSS is the right platform, where students and the youth of the nation may get to involve with real-life social activities, and thereby become responsible citizens of India.
Motto of NSS
“Not Me but You”
The Motto of NSS "Not Me but You" reflects the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for self-less service. NSS helps the student’s development & appreciation to other person's point of view and also show consideration towards other living beings. it underlines the belief that the welfare of an individual is ultimately dependent on the welfare of society as a whole and therefore, NSS volunteers shall strive for the well-being of society.
Objective of NSS
- “Development of the Personality of Students through Community Service”
- Understand the community in which they work
- Understand themselves in relation to their community
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters and
- Practice national integration and social harmony
The logo of NSS is based on the giant Rath Wheel of the world famous Konark Sun Temple (The Black Pagoda) situated in Orissa, India. The Red & Blue colors in the logo motivate NSS Volunteers to be active & energetic for nation-building and social activities. The wheel portrays the cycle of creation, preservation and release and signifies the movement in life across time and space. The wheel thus stands for continuity as well as change and implies the continuous striving of NSS for social change.
Classification of NSS Programme
NSS activities have been divided in two major groups:
Regular NSS activities
Under this, students undertake various programmes in the adopted villages, college/school campuses and urban slums.
Special Camping Programme
Under special camping programme, 7 days annual special camps will be organized in different villages in association with Gram Panchayats and villagers.
N.S.S at PESIAMS
Based on the above objective and principles, N.S.S wing of the college came into existence from the academic year 2012-2013.
- The Programme officer conducts meeting for the composition of the advisory committee.
- The President, Programme officer and members of the committee select the student representatives.
- The Programme officer will prepare action plan for the year and convey advisory committee meeting to decide the activities to be conducted.
- The Programme officer identifies the guest and resource persons for the special invited talks, training programme and for annual special camps
- Maintains the NSS wing records, reports, documents and submits the Annual Activity Report and Annual Special Camp report to the University NSS Coordinator.
Standard Operating procedure (SOP):
- The Programme officer, Members of the Advisory Committee and student representatives will plan the list of activities to be conducted in an academic year.
- The Programme officer will take formal permission to execute the plan of activities.
- The Programme officer will notify the activities to the students through circular and encourages maximum participation.
- The Programme officer ensures execution of all the activities as decided and incorporated in the calendar of events of the institution/as decided in the meeting.
- The Programme Officer will take feedback of each activity organized by the wing, to know its quality and if required, to enhance it.
Advisory committee for the Academic year 2020-2021
|Dr. K. Sailatha||President|
|Mr. Sathish V||Programme officer|
|Dr. Dileep Kumar S D||Member|
|Dr. Krishna M M||Member|
|Mrs. Roopa D.S||Member|
|Mr. Mohan D||Member|
|Mrs. Kavitha U.P||Member|
|Mr. Anmol U.K||Member|
|Mr. Pratheek K||Student Representative|
|Ms. Shrushti H D||Student Representative|
|Mr. Vijeet U||Student Representative|
Events Report of 2019-20
|1||NSS Annual Camp at Yadavala Village||View|
|3||Youth day celebration||View|
|4||Community Extension Programme||View|
|5||Independence Day celebration||View|
|7||Computer Awareness Program||View|
|8||NSS orientation report||View|
|10||Narcotic drugs programs||View|
|11||Ramkrishna vivekananda ashram visit||View|
Events Report of 2018-19
|1||NSS Annual Camp Sirigere Village||View|
|2||Republic day celebration||View|
|3||youth day celebration||View|
|5||NSS day celebration||View|
|6||Swami Vivekanad Anniversary Celebaration||View|
|7||RD slection camp||View|
|9||poster design event on swachhta Pakhwad||View|
|10||Swachhta Pakhwad Prize distribution Programme||View|
|11||Swachatha Pakhwada Central government programme||View|
|13||NSS district level Camp||View|
|14||Yoga Day celebration||View|
|15||Aravinda Jetty personality development Programme||View|
|16||NSS camp KU level||View|
Events Report of 2017-18
|1||National integration camp||View|
|3||Gandhiji 150 birthday||View|
|6||NSS Award Ceromony||View|
|7||Swami Vivekananda Jayanthi college||View|
|8||Vivekananda Jayanti Ambedkar 12-01-2018||View|
|9||NSS Annual Camp Konagavali Village||View|
|12||Independenace day week||View|
Events Report of 2016-17
|1||Sister Nivedita programme||View|
|2||NSS Annual Camp Umblebylu Village||View|
|4||Blood Donation camp||View|
|5||NSS Award ceremony||View|
|6||Subhash Chandra Bose||View|
|9||Ambedkar Programme 10-8-16||View|
Events Report of 2015-16
|1||NSS Annual Camp at Kudli Village||View|