STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE (SOP)
Research Cell offers a great platform for academicians, intellectuals, researchers, students, and subject experts to be part of this cell. Research Cell will also facilitate access to available conferences, workshops and certificate courses. The Research Cell mainly aims to nurture research culture in students by encouraging research in newly emerging and challenging areas of Computer Science, Commerce and Management. Apart from this, the Research Cell will also provide opportunities and guidance to write Grants, Research Papers. The Research Cell intends to have regular meetings which provide ideas on research updates & the progress of ongoing projects.
Research activity helps researcher to recognize and benefit the opportunities for collaboration, sharing of knowledge, innovative practices and skills in their area of interest/ Specialization. The Research cell plans to come up with a newsletter that would offer a snapshot of research innovations in Computer Science. This enhances the general research capability of learners by participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, project competition, etc. This Cell came in to existence during the academic year 2019-20.
- To create awareness and opportunities in Research and Development among student & faculty
- To create interest and atmosphere among staff members to take up Research projects and improve their knowledge, skills and qualifications by registering for Ph.D.
- To motivate faculty members of the group for Research & Development activities in the area of their specialization;
- To encourage staff members and students to publish technical papers in National and reputed International Conferences/Journals
- To undertake research activities and development projects offered by the UGC or Similar Organizations.
- Facilitating growth of research activity among the academic community, including developing mechanisms and targets to achieve in research.
- Coordinating faculty level workshops and faculty development activities on research-related issues.
- Maintaining high degree of integrity to avoid misleading or controversial statements in their work
- Working with various departments to establish and develop faculty research priorities in interdisciplinary areas.
- Follow professional standards in research to avoid misconduct and violation of the IPR law.
Composition of the Research Cell for the AY 2019-20:
|1.||Dr. K. Sailatha, The Principal||Chairperson|
|2.||Mr. Mithun D’Souza, Department of Computer Science||Coordinator|
|3.||Mr. Harsha C Mathad, PG Department of Commerce||Coordinator|
|4.||Dr. Sudharshan G M, Department of Commerce and Management||Member|
|5.||Dr. Praveen Chandra N, Department of Kannada||Member|
|6.||Ms. Roopa D S, Department of Computer Science||Member|