Synthesis is a student forum of Department of the Commerce and Management of our institution. This forum strives towards the overall development of students through organizing various activities focusing on creative thinking, to enhance skills of facing the challenges of real world and to helps them to explore real business scenario. Along with strengthening the academic background of students, it aims to provoke innovative and inquisitive thought. Previously, the activities of Synthesis were conducted under the banner of Kalarava (for BBA students) and Rhythm (for B.Com students). As these nomenclatures were not suitable for the students of Commerce and Management, Synthesis forum came into existence on during 6th of July, 2019 and it comprises of Chairperson, Coordinator, Members, Student President, Student Vice-President and Student Secretary.
Synthesis forum conducts various invited special talks, workshops, industry visits, presentations and innovative inter class competitions to help students in enhancing their creative ability, build skills required to develop prospective career, help them to improve their conceptual application ability and encourages students to participate in various co-curricular activities/ management fests organized by other colleges in and around Shimoga.
- To enhance the skills required for competitive world.
- To develop entrepreneurship skills among students.
- To improve leadership qualities and communication skills.
- To conduct events such as intra and inter-college/class competitions to enhance overall development.
Composition of the Synthesis Forum for the AY 2020-21:
|1.||Dr. K. Sailatha, Principal||Chairperson|
|2.||Ms. Swathi J, Assistant Professor||Coordinator|
|3.||Mr. Vinay Kumar K S, Assistant Professor||Member|
|4.||Mrs. Ayesha Siddiqua, Assistant Professor||Member|
|5.||Samantha P R, Final Year M.Com||Student President|
|6.||Sushmitha R P, Final Year B.Com||Student Vice-President|
|7.||Amogha T K, Final Year BBA||Student Secretary|
- The Coordinator conducts meeting for the composition of the committee.
- The Chairperson, Coordinator and members of the forum select the students President, Vice-Present and Secretary.
- The Chairperson, coordinator and members nominate 2 active students from each class as active student members of the forum.
- The Coordinator identifies in house/ external judges to judge various interclass competitions.
- Maintains reports and documents of all forum activities.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP):
- The Coordinator, student President, Vice-Present and Secretary will plan the list of activities to be conducted in an academic year.
- The Coordinator will take formal permission to execute the plan of activities.
- The Coordinator will notify activities to the students through circulars and encourages maximum participation.
- The Coordinator ensures that all the activities are executed as decided and incorporated in the calendar of events of the institution/as decided in the meeting.
- The Coordinator will take feedback of each event organized by the forum to know the quality of the event organized to enhance the quality of the future programmes.
Events Report of 2019-20
|1||Brand Rangoli Compitation||View|
|3||New Product Launch||View|
|4||Debate Compitation(Preranta Manthana)||View|
Events Report of 2018-19
|1||Best out of waste||View|
|4||Just a Minute||View|
|5||Guest Talk on Mutual Funds||View|
Events Report of 2017-18
|1||Solo Dance Competition||View|
|4||Just a Minute (JAM)||View|
|6||Guest talk on Corporate Social Responsibility||View|
|7||Guest talk on Project Orientation||View|
|8||Guest talk on Proposal for Introducing ACCA UK Professional Qualification||View|
|9||Motivational talk on Career Opportunities||View|
|10||Guest talk on Esthetic Perception of the Smile||View|
|11||Guest talk on Career Opportunities||View|
Events Report of 2016-17
|1||Cooking without Fire||View|
|2||Business Quiz and Best Manager||View|
|3||Guest talk on Employment opportunities||View|
|4||Guest talk on Company Secretary||View|
Events Report of 2015-16