Vision,Mission and Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
To be the Centre of Excellence in the field of Civil Engineering for innovative practices, managerial skills and ethical values for sustainable Development
- M1: To impart academic growth by offering technical knowledge and industry-oriented interactions.
- M2: To encourage innovative and creative practices through continuous learning
- M3: To develop ideologies of teamwork, leadership qualities and effective communication through constant encouragement.
- M4: To inculcate ethical values to serve society and country for the sustainable development.
Our Quality Policy is to develop highly skilled human resources with the ability to adapt to an intellectually and technologically changing environment with the participative efforts of the management, staff, students and parents.
PESITM is committed to comply with ISO 9001 :2015 requirements and continually improve the quality of services and quality Management System.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) Civil Engineering Graduates within 3-5 years of Graduation should;
- PEO 1: Function effectively as Civil Engineering Professionals in the field of Construction, Infrastructure Development and Architecture.
- PEO 2: Develop managerial and entrepreneurship skills for serving locally, nationally as well as globally
- PEO 3: Ethically relate Engineering issues to broader social and human context to achieve sustainable solutions
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs) The Graduates of Civil Engineering Will Have the Ability to;
- PSO 1: Plan, Analyze, Design, Execute and Maintain cost effective Civil Engineering structures to pursue opportunities for personal and professional growth as well as higher studies
- PSO 2: Take up Entrepreneurship, Research and Development and demonstrate leadership skills
- PSO 3: Demonstrate professional integrity and ethical values for sustainable civil society
Non – Teaching Faculty
- Surveying Laboratory
- Building Materials Testing Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines Laboratory
- Engineering Geology Laboratory
- Computer Aided Building Drawing Laboratory
- Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
- Concrete and Highway Materials Testing Laboratory
- Software Application Laboratory
- Environmental Engineering Laboratory
Programme Type : Full-Time
Programme Duration: 4 Years (8 Semester)
|1||2019||Medini- a Training, Certificate & Academic Partner for Autodesk & PTC, Bangalore.||03.05.2019|
|2||2019||Courage Engineers, Shivamogga||03.05.2019|
|3||2019||Suresh Enterprises Pvt Limited, Hubli.||14.05.2019|
|4||2019||Shedwadkar Housing Pvt Limited, Bangalore.||14.05.2019|
|5||2019||Seven Hills Builders & Developers, Davangere.||03.07.2019|
One Day Technical Fest "PRAVARTHANA 2K19" was organised by the Department of Civil Engineering on 24th OCT 2019. More than 120 Civil engineering students from various engineering college were participated in various events like Technical [...]
PESTrust, Shivamogga salutes you on this auspicious day sincerely for your choice of being into teaching profession.We believe teachers like you are true nation builders. Tireless & selfless effort you are making in creating talented [...]
Department of Civil Engineering organizing the National Conference on Advancement and Innovations in Civil Engineering on 16th May 2019,
National Conference on Advanced Research in Science Engineering and Management,(NCARSEM-18) on 26th May 2018, being organized by Department of Civil Engineering, Conference was attended by more than 100 participants from different colleges. The conference started [...]
On 25th May the project exhibition was arranged. About 130 projects have been displayed by the engineering students. The major objective of organizing this exhibition was to provide the platform and unleash the potential of [...]
Awareness and demo programme organized on ‘Rain Water Harvesting’ at PES Engg College in association with Rotary Club, Mid-town, Shivamogga on the occasion of World Water Day 22nd March 2018.
A Five days faculty development programme under ISTE Faculty Chapter was held at the Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering from 31st July to 4th August 2017.The FDP aims to provide opportunities to faculty members, [...]
The Pre-final year Civil Engg. students of PESITM participated in a 12 day Survey Camp from 20th Jan 2017 onwards at Beerana Kere. The camp was inaugurated by incharge-Principal Dr. Kodad S F. Dr. Hiremath, [...]
Sri B Y Raghavendra, Managing Trustee, PESITM inaugurated Engineers Day Celebrations on Sep 24th at PESITM. On the occasion, he spoke about the contribution of Sir M Visvesvarayya and asked students to inculcate the values [...]
Department of Civil Engineering conducted a Technical Talk on “Innovations in Civil Engineering” by Dr. G.H. Basavaraj, Chetana Engineering Services Pvt Ltd, Bangalore on 10th October 2015 at 11:00 am in the Seminar Hall. The [...]
Following the footsteps of Shri. Narendra Modiji, Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Swachh Bharath Abhiyaan was conducted at our campus on 2nd October 2015 to mark the occasion of Mahatma Gandhiji and Lal Bhadur Shastriji [...]
Around 150 PESITM students as part of Xplore club activity conducted various events at Jeevan Sanje Vrudhashrama, Sri Sharada Devi Andhara Vikasa Kendra, Madhava Nele and Mathru Chaya Sarva Dharma Anatha Ashrama, Shivamogg on the [...]
Department of Civil Enginnering conducted a Technical Talk on “Basics of Fluid Mechanics” by Dr. M.N.Shesha Prakash, Professor, VVIET Mysore on 23rd September 2015 at 11:00 AM in the Seminar Hall. The objective was to [...]
The final year student's project exhibition was conducted on 19th May 2015. Principal Dr. Ashok Kumar T., inaugurated the exhibition. There were total 125 projects of different discipline were exhibited in the exhibition. Experts from [...]
"Prerana - 2015" was a bi-annual 2 Day intra-collegiate techno-cultural festival of PESITM hosted a galaxy of events aimed at boosting the technological and cultural skills inherent in PESITM students, giving them an unrivaled opportunity [...]
PRE-FEST Events of “PRERANA-2015” was inaugurated by Smt Arunadevi. S.Y, Joint Secretary, PESITM on March 14th 2015. She urged students to make use of the platform and showcase their abilities. Dr. Ashok Kumar.T, Princpal, PESITM, [...]
The Certificates of Merit and Book Vouchers have been awarded to the first 5 class toppers of PESITM, MBA (105 students) and PESIAMS (29 students) by the Hon’ble Joint Secretary Smt. Arunadevi S. Y. during [...]
A five - day Faculty Development Program on Research Methodology was inaugurated by Sri B Y Raghavendra, Managing Trustee on 19th Jan 2015. Dr. Krishnamurthy, HOD, Dept of Biotechnology, PES University was the Guest of [...]
The following students' projects have been recognized and received 37th series Karnataka State Council for Science & Technology (KSCST) grants during June / July 2014.
Newsletter ODD Sem 2019-20 Volume 3 Issue 1 : Click Here
Professor and Head, CV
PES Institute of Technology and Management
NH 206, Sagar Road, Shivamogga – 577 204