The Department is also a recognized research center facilitating Ph.D. Research Programme in the area of Power and Energy Engineering since 2016.
The Department is spear headed by innovative thinking of Dr. Om Prakash Yadav, who comes with a total of 15 plus years of experience in core electrical and electronics engineering. The Department currently has 09 faculty members with expertise in diverse areas including Power & Energy Systems, Power Electronics, Computer Application in Industrial Drives and Integration of Renewable Energy Sources. Graduates in Electrical and Electronics Engineering are drivers of technological change and innovation in engineering-based industries. Electrical & Electronics Engineering at PESITM, aims to play an active role in propelling India in its growth trajectory through innovative inter–disciplinary research and educational programs at undergraduate and research levels. The department has its own library with about 700 vital books for the benefit of both students & the staff members.
The graduating students are well placed in Govt. Sectors such as KPCL, KPTCL, ESCOM’s, CPRI, BHEL and other core industries.
Vision and Mission
To emerge as a leading centre for education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and to produce entrepreneurs and globally competent engineers with good ethical values.
- Develop as a centre of excellence for Electrical and Electronics Engineering education, emphasing in making students to be more innovative in their approach by providing state-of-the-art infrastructure and effective teaching learning process.
- Contribute to the development of nation by applying their knowledge gained in the thrust areas of power and energy systems.
- To inculcate value based socially and ethically committed professionals who are able to evolve thoughtfully in response to the needs of the industry, society and the changing world.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Electrical And Electronics Engineering Graduates within 3-5 years of Graduation should;
- PEO 1: The ability to use their knowledge acquired in various subjects to analyse, design and implement solutions for complex problems encountered in their professional career
- PEO 2:The ability to understand the concept of core electrical subjects that will facilitate understanding of new technology.
- PEO 3:The ability to exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their profession and adapt to current trends by in lifelong learning.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
The Electrical and Electronics Engineering Graduates Will Have the Ability to;
- Apply the knowledge to have a foundation in theoretical and practical aspects of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Model, analyse, design and realize physical systems, components and hands on competence in modern engineering tools to process and adapt them in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Communicate and work professionally in order to take up entrepreneurial activities in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering and related areas for the benefit of the society
Our Quality Policy is to develop highly skilled human resources with the ability to adapt to an intellectually and technologically changing environment with the participative efforts of the management, staff, students and parents.
PESITM is committed to comply with ISO 9001 :2015 requirements and continually improve the quality of services and quality Management System.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Non – Teaching Faculty
List of faculty: Faculty List
The department has well equipped state-of-the-art electrical machines like Induction motors, DC Motors, Synchronous motors and Transformers, AC and DC servo motor, syncro pair system. The department has well developed Analog Electronics, Microcontroller, Logic Design and Power electronics lab. High Voltage lab is equipped with 60KVA transformer and all relay testing kits. The department maintains a Computer Lab with high configuration computers, MATLAB software package, Simulation Software package, MIPOWER software package for study and analysis of large power systems.
EEE-Lab 1 and Lab 2
Labs Conducted: PSS & Microcontroller /CAED & DSP
Faculty In-charge: Mr.Rudresh SJ / Mrs.Kalpana SP
Lab in-charge: Mrs.Anupama PM
Area Lab 1 Area 75.5 Sq.mts and Lab 2 Area 75.5 Sq.mts
PC’s, Microcontroller Trainer kits
Mi-Power Software, MAT Lab, PSPICE, Keil Micro Vision, RIDE, Autocad, Flash Magic.
Total Investment Rs. 21, 75,146.00
EEE-Lab 3 and Lab 4
Labs Conducted: OPAMP & Linear IC’s & Electronic Circuits /Power Electronics & Control Systems
Faculty In-charge: Mr.Shanthveeresh NS /Mrs.Manasa B,
Lab in-charge: Mrs.Anupama PM
Area Lab 3 Area 104.5 Sq.mts and Lab 4 Area 104.5 Sq.mts
Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, IC Trainer kit , Power Electronics circuit modules, ,DC & 2 Phase AC Servomotor, PID controller kit, Compensating Networks, DC & AC position control systems etc.
Total Investment Rs. 14, 75,645.00
EEE-Lab 5 and Lab 6
Labs Conducted: Electrical Machines 1 & 2, Basic Electrical Engineering / Relay & High Voltage Engineering
Faculty In-charge: Mr.Neetha HM /Mr.Kiran Kumar GR,
Lab in-charge: Mr.Lingaraj
Area Lab 5 Area 100 Sq.mts and Lab 6 Area 75.5 Sq.mts
DC, and AC Machines, Transformers and Loading equipments, Relays, HV Transformer, and Oil test kit, Electrolytic Water Tank, Fuse Testing Unit, and Impulse Generator.
Total Investment Rs. 40, 22,360.00
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in association with NSS unit, PESITM conducted one day workshop on Fire Safety and Precautions on 08-10-2021. The program was inaugurated by Dr. Chaitanya Kumar MV, Principal, PESITM at [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted Throw ball tournament for first year boys on 17-09-2021. The program was graced by the presence of Dr. Chaitanya Kumar MV, Principal, PESITM. Dr. Om Prakash Yadav, HoD, [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted volley ball tournament for first year boys on 16-09-2021. The program was graced by the presence of Dr. Chaitanya Kumar MV, Principal, PESITM. Dr. Om Prakash Yadav, HoD, [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted an online webinar on “Electrical Safety" on 14/08/2021, from 10.30 am – 12.00 pm, for 2nd PU students via online i.e., Google meet platform. The online program was [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted an online webinar on “Effective Skill Enhancement For The Industry Needs During Pandemic" on 11/06/2021, from 2 pm – 4 pm, via online platform in association with Abeyaantrix [...]
To promote ‘Creative Skills’ & ‘Creative thinking on painting on specific theme’ the following activities like Logo making, Mehendi Competetion, Painting competition was Conducted to the student of Electrical and Electronics Department on 22nd, 24th [...]
Student competitions provide a myriad of opportunities for us, a platform for us to demonstrate our talents, a stepping-stone in achieving greater things in life. They represent unconventional but effective ways of securing internships, scholarships, [...]
The Department of EEE, PESITM organized a three days Student Development Programme on “Recent Trends in Electrical Engineering” from 24/05/2021 to 26/05/2021 on online platform. Around 100 participants including UG students, and faculty members had [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted a webinar on “Engineering Project Selection” for pre-final year students of EEE and ECE branch on 05/07/2021, from 10am -12am. The online program was graced by the presence [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted an online Motivational Talk on “The Importance of Decision Making to Youths" on 19/05/2021, from 1.30pm -2.30pm, via online platform. The online program was graced by the presence [...]
The Department of Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in association with Career Development Centre conducted a webinar on “National Education Policy (NEP) 2020” on 6th April, 2021 for the students and faculties. There were [...]
Objectives of PTM To provide information to the parents and 1st Semester students about attendance and first internal assessment marks To provide knowledge about students activity points to parents and informing them to motivate their [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted an online invited talk on “Advancement in Signals and System” on 28/12/2020. The guest speaker was Prof Vidya ( Professor, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering having 22 [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted a 5-Days online Faculty Development Program on “Tools and Techniques for Effective Research Writing” from 07/12/2020 to 11/12/2020. The formal inauguration of the program was held on 07/12/2020 [...]
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering conducted a 3-Days online Student Development Program on “Guidelines for student project” from 16/12/2020 to 18/12/2020. The formal inauguration of the program was held on 16/12/2020 at 12.30 pm [...]
A Five days online Faculty development programme was successfully conducted in the PES institute of Technology and Management, on 4th – 8th August 2020 by Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering. The FDP programme received [...]
Department in Association with dbson Universal Power Controls, Tumkur conducted a webinar on Electrical Switchgear & Its Applications by Resource person Sri DV Shivanand, CEO of Universal Power Controls, with the invited audience from various [...]
Department has conducted a technical talk on “Stay Focused for Happy Learning “on 15.02.2020. Resource Person Dr.H B Suresh , Asst Professor, EEE Dept.,JNNCE ,Shivamogga, addressed our second year engineering students . The session was [...]
Organized a One day Industrial visit to “Varahi Underground Power Project” on 16th November 2019. 56 students from 7th semester visited the plant.
Conducted a Technical Quiz Competition for our department students on 25-10-2019 under the forum activity Vidyouth overall 12 teams from all the semesters have attended the event.
Swathi C Bangera [2013-2017]
Working in Tech Mahindra
“I would always be grateful to Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department of PESITM for giving me multi dimensional learning by providing the apt mix of academics, industry exposure, attitude and leadership.
I would also like to thank to the professors for getting me the campus placement at TECH MAHINDRA as it’s always special for a student getting placed for the first time.
The professors are all dedicated experts and helpful in their respective subjects.
I will always cherish the feeling of studying at an institute which focused on career enhancements along with overall skill development. “
Akash BH [2013-2017]
Working in Tech Mahindra
“PESITM has played a very crucial role in shaping my career. Our Department Faculties imparted great values in me which made me ready for the outside real world. Throughout the course, the faculties were very supportive and inspiring. Its vision of shaping lives through quality education makes it stand tall apart from the other institutions. I must say PESITM is one of the finest college in its cadre and I feel proud to be graduated from this college.
Again I thank all my dear sir/madam for their continues support and interest shown which helped me to get place in TECH MAHINDRA “
Lakhan S Bagale [2014-2018]
Working in WIPRO, Bangalore.
“PESITM is the name which, I can’t forget in my whole life. My entire beautiful college life has been spent in it. When I had taken admission here, I was very immature and had no aim. But after spending time here, I’ve got very good friends and very friendly environment. Teachers are very supportive with friendly nature. All faculties are very nice and infrastructure of the college is also very good.”
Divyashree KP [2014-2018]
Working in Pace Power System Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
“PESITM is a college with a very good environment and well maintained. Teaching facilities in the department are excellent. The library of the college is also well equipped with all Types of books. I thank all the staff of electrical department for their support throughout my studies at campus.”
Anusha Rajshekar [2015-2019]
Working in Synopsys India Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad.
” I believe that the achievement of an organization is a result of combined efforts of each individual. This is something that I learnt at PESITM. The place that helped me build not only my career but an ambition that was fulfilled by the support of everyone. I thank all my department teachers for their encouragement and support during my stay at department.
PESITM believed in its students and that what makes this college stand out among others.”
Working in BOUNCE, Bangalore.
“PESITM educate students in a very creative way and encourage them to think out of the box. I found that, method of teaching at the department is excellent. The teachers and staff are really helpful. They make sure that the student should be comfortable and Progress well in their life. However, the college not only helps me to excel in the academic field, but also teaches me a lot about Different culture and how to appreciate them.”
Kirloskar Electric Limited
“We had good encouragement from the all the faculty while pursuing the degree.”
“I got great support from our HOD and all staff of EEE department. Our College is a great place to learn how to work hard and gain valuable skills that help in the work place. In addition, how to interact with our future employers provides the required finishing touch.”
“EEE branch is really good and all labs are well equipped. I had very good experince and I learnt so many good things from all the lecturers. Good place to have a degree.”
“I had a very good learning process in our department and it is an excellent branch. All staff members supported us in a good manner.”
“I had very good support from all the faculties in academic and cocurricular activities.”
Schneider Electric Bangalore
“All faculties in our branch are very supportive. They helped me in shaping my career and encouraged us to participate in extra curriculum activities.”
2013, Design Engineer, Delta Electricals
“I am thankful to our HOD and staff members for their support through out my engineering career”
2014, Software Engineer, I-papagari
“Facilities provided at the dept was very good,found friendly and supportive faculties.”
2015, Associate Software Engineer, Tech Mahindra
“The staff members were supportive in the dept and I am happy that I got placed in the campus with the support of our HOD and faculty members”
2015, Junior Engineer, KPTCL
“I am proud to be an Electrical Engineer because of our beloved HOD and staff members “
NewsLetter 2020-21 Volume 3 Issue 2 :-Download
NewsLetter 2019-20 Volume 2 Issue 1 :-Download
NewsLetter 2018-19 Volume 1 Issue 2 :-Download
NewsLetter 2018-19 Volume 1 Issue 1 :-Click here
Associate Professor and HOD,
Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
PES Institute of Technology and Management
NH 206, Sagar Road, Shivamogga – 577 204
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org