The department has Srichid Innovation Lab to bridge the gap between Industry and the Institute. The new Technology like Blockchain, Machine Learning and Data Science related projects are carried out in the lab. The departments will regularly conducting workshops, Technical talk for the benefits of students to upgrade their knowledge in the recent development in the industry. The department conducts special courses on advanced topics and Hackathon competition on every year in collaboration with Industry.The department is organizing Faculty Development Program regularly for the faculty of our Institute and various other Institutions.
The departments having very strong Mentoring System, through which 15 students are allocated to a faculty to monitor the academic progress and to motivate the students for actively, participate in all events. Our students won prizes in VTU Technical and Cultural fest, Intercollegiate Sports competition like Wrestling, Weight lifting, IBM Hackathon completion and many more. Our students are recruited by the companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, TekSystems, Global Edge, Tech Mahindra and other reputed companies through campus placement.
INSIGNIA is the department students’ forum, through which various co-curricular and extra- curricular activities are carried out. Project exhibition, FDP’s, SDP’s, and Parents meet, Alumni meet every year is part of the regular calendar of the department. Apart from the regular curriculum, the students are encouraged to expose to doing mini projects in the area of Micro-Controller, IOT and mini project exhibition will be held every year.
The students of ISE department actively participating in VTU Fest and other cultural and Sports events organized by other Institutions.
Conducting with Unit test regularly and offering add-on-course to the students are very much appreciable by the Parents. The department is organizing a talk by Alumni regularly and the faculty members are constantly communicating to the parents about the progress of their ward. The department has separate department Library apart from college library facility which has large collection of books including GATE books, Aptitude and other competitive examination books.
Vision,Mission and Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
To create technically competent, ethically strong and skilled IT Professionals
- Enhancing the knowledge through ongoing research and professional development programs by incorporating effective teaching and learning methods
- To prepare students to be successful in their professional career and continuous learners by offering a strong technical foundation with professional and ethical responsibilities.
Our Quality Policy is to develop highly skilled human resources with the ability to adapt to an intellectually and technologically changing environment with the participative efforts of the management, staff, students and parents.
PESITM is committed to comply with ISO 9001 :2015 requirements and continually improve the quality of services and quality Management System.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO 1: Graduate will adapt to the emerging technologies in the field of Information Science to build professionally successful careers
- PEO 2: Graduates will be able to provide the solution for the problems in the field of Information Technology and fulfill the societal requirements.
- PEO 3: Graduate will function effectively in IT field by creative thinking, continuous learning and having good ethics.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Analyze the logics, Algorithms and information systems to enable the students to design and implement the software.
- PSO2: Evaluate working of Hardware and Software aspects of computer using appropriate tools.
- PSO3: Apply the standard practices in software development to deliver quality products
Non – Teaching Faculty
➢ All the classes equipped with LCD projectors
➢ Active Interaction with industries for mutual technological transfer.
➢ The IT Infrastructure of the college is maintained by the department.
➢ The department carries out all In house software development and maintenance.
➢ Regular value added courses on advanced topics are run to supplement the curriculum for the students.
➢ Many final year projects are done in association with industries.
➢ Intranet facility is available for providing Ebooks, Course Schedules, Lab manuals, assignments,placement tips, Aptitude test papers and Internal exam results to the students.
➢ Industrial visits are also organized apart from the industrial tour to the students.
➢ In the department we have furnished Seminar Hall, Reading Room and Library.
Industry-Institute Interaction Lab: Srichid Lab
MOU is signed between the Department and Srichid technologies private limited, Bengaluru.
Laboratories: Maintenance and overall ambiance
Department has an adequate number of laboratories, used throughout the year on time table basis to meet the curriculum requirements. The academic courses which have practical work are scheduled in these laboratories every week. Lab is also utilized to facilitate students to carry out their project work. All the laboratories are equipped with sufficient hardware and software to run program specific curriculum.
- Doors, window panes and floor of laboratories are regularly cleaned to provide dust free environment.
- Fans are provided for keeping the environment in the labs cool.
- Do’s and Don’ts, time-table of the lab, and Safety measures rules are displayed in each laboratory.
- Well Technical Staff are available for maintenance of Electronic equipment and software.
- Department having four 60 KVA UPS.
- As per requirement minor repairs are carried out by the lab instructor.
- One Teaching faculty and a Lab instructor are in-charge of the overall functioning/maintenance of each lab.
- Department has Full furnished laboratories with well-equipped equipment which shall cater to all UG courses as per curriculum requirements.
- Conditions of chairs/benches are in good condition. Chair with desk are provided for individual students in Labs.
- Labs are equipped with sufficient hardware and software to work.
- Lighting system is very effective, along with the natural light in every corner of the rooms.
- Cup-boards/Pigeon-hole racks are available in lab for students to place their belongings.
- Each Lab is equipped with separate instruction room with white/black board.
- Curtains are fitted for all the windows for better ambiance.
- A project lab has been provided for the students to carry out their mini and major project work.
Department of Information Science & Engineering, PESITM has organized three days faculty development programme “Data Science with Machine Learning and Python using Jupyter Notebook IDE “ from 27th -29th January 2020. The FDP program [...]
PESTrust, Shivamogga salutes you on this auspicious day sincerely for your choice of being into teaching profession.We believe teachers like you are true nation builders. Tireless & selfless effort you are making in creating talented [...]
On the inaugural function, Mr. Thejesh, CTO, Loginware Softtec, Bangalore-participated as Chief Guest & Resource Person. In his Chief Guest address, he emphasized the role of students of tier 2 Cities and he advised them [...]
A One day workshop on IOT has been conducted on 29th March 2019, at Department of ISE, PESITM, Shimoga in order to spread awareness about using IOT Programming and its applications in Smart City [...]
Department of CSE and ISE, PESITM, Shivamogga organised a student development activity in association with RotaryClub east, Shivamogga on 05-09-2018 in the department of CSE. Rotary Career Guidance Series 2018-19 was inaugurated at PESITM, Shivamogga [...]
On 25th May the project exhibition was arranged. About 130 projects have been displayed by the engineering students. The major objective of organizing this exhibition was to provide the platform and unleash the potential of [...]
The project AGRIBOOK, guided by Prof. Arjun of Information Science and exhibited at NMAMIT, Nitte on 11th and 12th August 2017, received the Project of the Year Award from Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology (KSCST).
Paper on Data Mining by Arpitha, Chaitra, Usha and Swathi of Information Science branch received best paper award in National Level Conference on Emerging Trends in Information Technology held at AIT, Chikkamagalore (Apr 7th- 8th [...]
Dept of CSE and ISE organized 2 day workshop on Performance Engineering and Data Warehousing on April 4th and 5th 2017. Mr. C. V. Joshi, Consultant, IBM (National award winner from President of India, Dr. [...]
Department of Computer Science and Information Science organized half day Workshop on Rapid SQL writing and DBMS current trends on Mar 11th 2017. Mr. Suresh D, Vice President, Ion Idea and Mr. C. V. Joshi, [...]
A talk by Prabhath Hegde, Technical Lead, Cirtrix Systems, Bangalore on 'Engineering Subjects and Related Career Opportunities' was organized for students of Computer Science and Information Science on Feb 18th 2017. Faculty members of CSE, [...]
Evive Health Hackathon Kick off and Open source Analytics session organized at Department of CSE, PESITM, Shivamogga on Jan 28th and 29th 2017. Around 50 students from PESITM and JNNCE attended Hackathon Kick-off. Mr. Vidwath, [...]
Surjith S K of 2nd Year CS branch and Dheeraj S Talagere 4th year of IS Branch of PESITM participated in Speak for India( Karnataka Edition 2016) and have been selected for State Level finals [...]
Mr.Dheeraj, 7th sem Information Science Branch student secured Silver Medal in 105 KG Category on for VTU Intercollegiate Weight Lifting competition held in Nov 2016. Mr.Dheeraj also secured 3rd place in VTU Intercollegiate( State Level) [...]
The students from Sanjay Memorial Polytechnic, Sagar have visited PES Institute of Technology and Mgt. on October 19th, 2016 as part of their academic visit. Smt. Arunadevi S.Y, Joint Secretary, PESITM, welcomed and gave few [...]
Dr.G.K.Patra, Principal Scientist, CSIR, Bangalore delivering Technical Talk on Cryptographic Key Exchange Protocols for ECE,CSE AND ISE Faculty Members on Aug 14th 2016.
CSE 2013 batch graduates Vidwath (presently working with Evive Health) and Lalith (presently working with Infosys) delivered talk to final year strudents of CSE and ISE on Data Structures, Algorithms, Testing and Automation on Aug [...]
Mr.Manual Kanthraj, Solution Architect, L&T Infotech, Sweden delivered a talk on Software Process and Storage Area Networks to Final Year Students of ISE and CSE on 10th August 2016.
Data specialist, MAST Global
“Each and every faculty in department is special and approachable for their own way. I would like to thank each and everyone for their support”
Software Engineering, Aptean
“Best department as I felt. Totally …..MISSING it……”
Software Engineer, Technotree Convergence Ltd, Auckland, New Zealand
“I love my department and college a lot because it possesses all the qualities of an ideal college. Where in, I have learnt lot of things other than studies which made my career a successful one”
Software Engineer, Technotree, Bangalore
“Whilst I have been here, it has been a great experience. A perfect blend of academics and social life! And above all, the faculty – both teaching and non-teaching, and the laboratory facilities are one of the best I have ever experienced”
Innovations by the Faculty
- Demonstrated the usage of Weka tool for the subject Data Warehousing and Data Mining for analysis and interpretation of Data Sets.
- Hands on Session is carried out for the subject Python Application Programming and students are made to write the programs which is not prescribed in VTU syllabus
- Hands on Session is carried out for C++ to bridge the gap between C programming and Java and students were trained to write the programs which is not prescribed in VTU syllabus
- Creating a Mind Map to browse through all the topics in each module for the subject Object oriented concepts.
- Case studies in the subject Management and Entrepreneurship
- Mini Projects related to IoT for 2nd year students
- Motivated the students to take 8 hours of easy to advanced Data Structures online course for the students of 3rd semester and all the students completed the course. This initiation is related to the subject Data Structures (18CS32) of III Semester for the academic year 2019-20.
- Introduced NetBeans IDE tool for III Semester students to implement Data Structure using C and for V Semester students for Java swing programs.
News Letter 2018-19, VOl.1,ISSUE 1 :-Click here
News Letter 2018-19- VOl.1,ISSUE 2 :-Click here
News Letter 2019-20- VOl.2,ISSUE 1 :-Click here
News Letter 2019-20- VOl.3,ISSUE 1 :-Click here
Dr. Prasanna Kumar H. R.
Professor and Head, ISE
PES Institute of Technology and Management
NH 206, Sagar Road, Shivamogga – 577 204