Learning subjects with Business games gives a first mover advantages to any learner. Most business games are used for business acumen training and development which include: strategic thinking, financial analysis, market analysis, operations, teamwork and leadership.
In order to provide an experience that is both educational and effective which will expose the participant to all the aspects of business have been developed around the Contest, Launchpad2-New Venture Competition provides a unique opportunity for PGDMS&RC students—working with classmates and others—to investigate and launch a new business venture program was inaugurated by Mr.G.M.Sudharshan on 31-10-2014 and the idea was conceptualized and developed by Mr. D. M. Arvind Mallik, Asst.Professor of MBA Dept. PESITM, Shivamogga.
Highlights of the program
1. Students from 3rd semester were participated ( all 52 students)
2. First time in VTU, a entire Strategic Management theoretical 8 modules converted into potential practical business elements
3. 1st year MBA Students were present in this business event
4. 7 teams shared their unique Business Ideas across different areas like Retail,NGO,Health,Clothing,Education,Food and Beverages
5. Top 3 winners were judged by Guest Faculties of MBA Dept and 3 Alumni’s( 2014 passed out batch) and facilitated
1st prize- Team Nebula
2nd Prize- Team Advik
3rd Prize- Team SU Multispecialty Hospital
6. At the end, Launchpad Theme song was shown which was written by- Mr. Arvind Mallik(Asst.Professor of MBA Dept.PESITM), Sung by-Mr.Chetan Naik( 2011 batch passed out), Music by- Mr Adil ( upcoming Kannada Music Director)