Vision,Mission and Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
To emerge as a center of academic and research excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- M1: Creating a platform for effective and continuous learning by offering a strong technical knowledge and skills.
- M2: To motivate the students in involving academic and scholarly activities for their career excellence.
- M3: To inculcate ethical values for the professional accomplishment and societal benefits.
Our Quality Policy is to develop highly skilled human resources with the ability to adapt to an intellectually and technologically changing environment with the participative efforts of the management, staff, students and parents.
PESITM is committed to comply with ISO 9001 :2015 requirements and continually improve the quality of services and quality Management System.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
Mechanical Engineering is a wide assortment that incorporates skills and expertise need in the industries. Bachelor’s program in Mechanical Engineering is aimed at preparing graduates who will
- Be able to apply their Mechanical Engineering knowledge to solve the identified technical and societal problems.
- Work effectively in a team or lead multiple teams while exhibiting interpersonal and management skills with ethical responsibilities.
- Be able to become entrepreneur and innovator to analyze the real-world problems and develop the system and services that provide economically feasible and acceptable solutions
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- Graduates shall be able to apply the knowledge of mechanical courses for developing efficient mechanical systems.
- Graduates shall be able to analyze, interpret and provide feasible solutions to multidisciplinary engineering and societal problems.
- Graduates will have ability to lead the team in industries and business enterprises.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization for the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety and cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Non – Teaching Faculty
b) Computer Aided Engineering Drawing Lab
c) Metallography and Material Testing Lab
d) Machine shop Lab
e) Foundry and Forging Lab
f) Mechanical Measurements and Metrology Lab
g) Energy Conversion Lab
h) Fluid Mechanics Lab
i) Computer Aided Modeling and analysis Lab
j) Heat and Mass transfer Lab
2. Number of Systems: 75
3. Seminar Hall: 01
4. Class Rooms: 03
5. Licensed Software: Solid Edge ST Software, Ansys Software
6. Licensed Hardware: Windows Vista
Basic Engineering Laboratories from the Department of mechanical Engineering
- Workshop Practice Lab
Computer Aided Engineering Drawing Lab (with Hardware running Licensed Higher version Software like Windows 7,Solid Edge ST4,AutoCAd)
Laboratories related to Manufacturing:
- Machine shop Lab
- Foundry and Forging Lab
- Mechanical Measurements and Metrology Lab
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing Computer Lab
Laboratories related to Thermal:
- Energy Conversion Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Heat transfer Lab
Laboratories related to Design:
- Material Testing Lab
- Design Lab
- Computer Aided Modeling Lab (powered with Licensed Software: Solid Edge ST4 Software)
- Computer Aided Engineering Analysis Lab (with Licensed Software Ansys Software)
The Department has formed a student forum “AIMS” (Association of Innovative Mechanical Students) with the objective to develop the overall skills of every student of the department through active participation. To achieve this objective, the forum organizes talks given by expert lecturers, industrial visits, project exhibition and more which in turn increases the sense of co-operation among the students, faculty and administration.
ಭಾರತ ಘನ ಸರ್ಕಾರದ ಆಹಾರ, ನಾಗರೀಕ ಸರಬರಾಜು ಹಾಗೂ ಗ್ರಾಹಕ ವ್ಯವಹಾರಗಳ ಇಲಾಖೆಯ ವತಿಯಿಂದ ನಡೆಸಲಾದ ಒಂದು ತಿಂಗಳ ಅವಧಿಯ ಸಂರಕ್ಷಣಾ ಅಭಿಯಾನವಾದ “ಸಕ್ಷಮ್ - 2021” ಕಾರ್ಯಕ್ರಮವನ್ನು ಶಿವಮೊಗ್ಗ ನಗರದ ಪಿಇಎಸ್ಐಟಿಎಂ ವಿದ್ಯಾಸಂಸ್ಥೆಯಲ್ಲಿ ದಿನಾಂಕ 10/02/2021 ರಂದು ಮೆಕ್ಯಾನಿಕಲ್ ವಿಭಾಗ ಕಾಲೇಜು ಎನ್ಎಸ್ಎಸ್ ಘಟಕ ಹಾಗೂ ಸುಚೇತನಾ [...]
PES Army Chess is a platform and a friendly tournament to enrich and uprank your skill in the 64squares game know as CHESS. Open for all the students and teachers,Join us with the following link [...]
PESTrust, Shivamogga salutes you on this auspicious day sincerely for your choice of being into teaching profession.We believe teachers like you are true nation builders. Tireless & selfless effort you are making in creating talented [...]
Department of Mechanical Engineering PESITM, Shivamogga is organizing one day FDP on "OpenFoam Framework - Essential Computational Fluid Dynamics" on 9th April 2019. For Brochure Please Click here
“Hybrid Solar Electric Drier” Project was developed and exhibited by the Students of Mechanical Engineering, PESITM – Dinesh Kumar Bishnoi, Abhishek S R and Swathi P along with PES public School students - Srushti R [...]
As a part of Mechanical Engineering Forum inauguration, a talk on “Motivation and Preparation of Gate-2019” was arranged on 11-10-2018 from 10.30AM to 1.00PM. The expert for the talk was Mr. Sunil M. The speaker [...]
Students from the Department of mechanical Engineering, Shreyas Babu and Premkumar M participated in district level quiz competition and won the 4th place with a cash prize of 2000. The competition was organised by Sri [...]
The project entitled with "EXPERIMENTAL PERFORMANCE ANALYSIS OF CONVENTIONAL GASOLINE VEHICLE BLENDED WITH HYDROGEN GAS" has participated in state-level 41st series Student Project exhibition Programme on 10th and 11th August 2018, organized by KSCST at [...]
On 25th May the project exhibition was arranged. About 130 projects have been displayed by the engineering students. The major objective of organizing this exhibition was to provide the platform and unleash the potential of [...]
A technical talk on “How to become successful and a professional engineer” arranged by Mechanical Department in collaboration with Cyber Metric Services, Bangalore, on 22.05.2018 Tuesday at 9.15AM for the Students of 6th Semester. Resource Person: Mr. T Subramanian , Vice-President, Head - [...]
The Department of Mechanical Engg. of PES Engg. and Management College, in association with IIF (The Institute of Indian Foundrymen), organised a technical talk on the topic 'Cast Your Future with Casting' on 13th Oct. [...]
Dr. Nandeesh, Professor of Chemistry from Bangalore delivered a talk on 'Nano Technologies and Applications' for the first year BE students at PES Institute of Tech. and Mgt. Shivamogga
10th August has been observed as World Biofuel Day. PESITM (Engg) has conducted a Demonstration of extraction of biofuel from seeds of Honge tree, Jatropha, Hippe, etc. and use of its byproducts in Soap making, [...]
A technical talk on “GETTING EMPLOYABLE AND STAYING EMPLOYABLE” is held on 10 – 03 – 2017. The talk is arranged by the Department of Mechanical Engineering, P.E.S. Institute of Technology & Management in the [...]
A talk and interaction with Sri Ramakrishna, Chairman, Working Group of Bio Fuels, Ministry of Petroleum on Bio fuels - Challenges and Opportunities was held on 12th Nov 2016 at PESITM. Students of Mechanical Engineering [...]
Department: Talent Development Centre
Organization:Indian Institute of Science,Khudapur
“The alumni of PESITM are among the fortunate few who have had the opportunity to learn in the inspiring academic environment. Life at PES is an invigorating experience that paves the way for wholesome development of personality. The comfortable life in the hostels, the warmth and care of the Professors, and the competitive atmosphere of extra-curricular activities nurture the students to shine as leaders in their chosen fields.I am thankful to teaching and non teaching staff of mechanical department, the placement cell, and college management team for their wonderful support and I am thankful to my friends and project mates who had given best memories.”
Position: Graduate Apprentice Engineer (Buyer)
Department: Central Materials Module
Organization: Larsen & Toubro Construction Equipment Limited, Doddaballapura, Bangalore.
“Being associated with Department of Mechanical Engineering, PESITM gives me immense pleasure and matter of pride for having spent the most productive time. The experienced and supportive faculty of the department has given me good learning opportunities leading to successful work and deliver best-in-class service to my organization. The assets that I have gained from PESITM will always remind me of the moments I spent here with ‘value addition’ theme, also I am sure with the first step taken at PESITM, I will reach at the top of the stairs of success which is no doubt an endless journey here. All the knowledge and experience acquired at PESITM, I’m encashing at my workplace in terms of appreciation, respect, self-confidence and above all self-satisfaction. My heart will always cherish for those amazing days, good souls and insightful sessions I had at the campus”
Department:Open Circuit Wind Tunnel
Organization:Dept. of Aerospace Engineering
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
“PESITM is a wonderful college that supports both academic and extracurricular growth. During my term as a student, I have found the staff encouraging and it is observed that the students are given personal interest for their overall development. The mechanical department in particular has laboratories with state of art facilities.The college is a green campus and provides good library and space for students willing to learn. With good infrastructure, the college competes with the other top colleges in Karnataka in all aspects”
Assistant Purchase Engineer
Bosch Rexroth India Pvt.Ltd.Bangalore.
” Professional and friendly learning environment. Good and Supportive teaching faculty and good quality of teaching. Good lab facilities
Batch Year: 2013-2017
Current Designation/Occupation: Associate Design Engineer.
Organization Currently Working: BOSCH. Through Cadopt private technology limited.
Work Location: Bengaluru.
” This is the college where you will get learning with practical and case studies real life examples and a lot of events and extra curricular activities where you get chance to develop yourself in this college you will feel to study in the manner to be get success in corporate world.”
Batch Year: 2013-2017
Organization Currently Working: Capgemini
Current Designation/Occupation: Programmer Analyst
Work Location: Bangalore
“It’s great honor for me to be a part of PESITM family to learn and excel. I am proud to say that I have done Mechanical Engineering in this great institute. I will heartily tell that Mechanical branch is best in PESITM because of faculty with strong knowledge on subjects, labs with all advanced Machines and instruments and for there support and guide to put us in right path of career. Finally I have a small thought to share ” Without ME physics is just theory”
Batch year: 2013 to 2017
Organization: Malnad Alloy Castings Private Limited.
Designation: Development Engineer
““ I am sharing my feedback as per my experience had with my branch,
We had Very much supporting lecturers who are very friendly with each other and along with us till today, shared their excellent experiences and knowledge, rich in academic, cultural, sports, and in every field “
Batch year: 2014 to 2018
Organization: ROBERT BOSCH
“The past years in PESITM passed by in swift immersing with knowledge, patience, and on top of all management abilities necessary to able to compete in the real world . It gave me a platform to push myself and to understand the potentials that were hidden inside me. These past four years helped me to broaden my knowledge and also helped me discover more about myself.I would like to heartily thank all the lecturers and staffs in our MECHANICAL DEPARTMENT who are still there and who were formerly working as well, for being really supportive to me & helping me adjust to every situation the whole time I was in there”
Current profile: Station Master
Organization: Indian Railway (ECR)
“My experience at PESITM was really very good and it is something I will cherish for the rest of my life.
Teachers are very caring, passionate and interested in student’s well being and all round growth, extra curricular and social activities.
Atmosphere in the department is extremely enthusiastic and motivating.
Looking back, I can see my years in the college were extremely important and a stepping stone in my career as well as personal life. It gave me a platform to develop my interpersonal skills which are extremely important in any field of work”
“I am proud to be a student of PESITM. Faculties are very Co-operative and the student faculty relationship is good”
Cana Metal, Trainee
“Good campus. A lot of cultural activities and Co-Curricular activities.”
Newsletter 2017-18 Volume 1 Issue 1 :Click here
Newsletter 2018-19 Volume 2 Issue 1 :Click here
Newsletter 2018-19 Volume 2 Issue 2 :Click here
Newsletter 2019-20 Volume 3 Issue 1 :Click here
Newsletter 2019-20 Volume 3 Issue 2 :Click here
Dr.Basavarajappa Y H
Professor and Head,
PES Institute of Technology and Management
NH 206, Sagar Road, Shivamogga – 577 204