The department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering in association with Institution Innovation Council (IIC) PESITM has organized National level one day workshop on “Intellectual Property Rights and Intellectual Property for start-ups in blended mode”.
The speaker for the talk was Dr. Mohith P Tahiliani, Assistant Professor, Computer Science and Engineering Department ,NITK, Surathkal.
The program started with the welcome address by the convener of the event Dr.Om Prakash Yadav, Professor,and Head, EEE dept. The Guest introduction and the objective of the program was given by Dr. Chaitanya Kumar M V, Principal. Then the speaker shared his views on how one should be aware of their Intellectual Property Rights and also how to protect such rights when people are bringing their own star ups.
The key highlights of the talk are as follows:
- To spark the Patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets are valuable assets of the company and understanding how they work and how they are created is critical to knowing how to protect them.
- The speaker also enlightened about how to enforcement of intellectual property rights i.e The legal framework for Intellectual Property Rights protection enables enforcement action to be taken, against infringers and counterfeiters who may attempt to take the intellectual creations of others without permission.
- Why is IPR important for? In such case The primary function of intellectual property rights (IPRs) is to protect and stimulate the development and distribution of new products and the provision of new services based on the creation and exploitation of inventions, trademarks, designs, creative content or other intangible assets.
- The speaker also explained about the characteristics of intellectual property
Which includes Intellectual property rights sharing the characteristics of other property rights – they can be owned, alienated and licensed. They allow the creator or owner of a patent, trademark, or copyright etc. to benefit from his or her own creative works.
- A last the speaker concluded by highlighting the advantages of Intellectual property rights that
- Under Intellectual Property Rights (IPRS), the inventor can get copyrights, patents, design and, trademarks and trade secret protection to shield an invention/creation from being duplicated or copied by another individual or business.
Out of 148 registerstions , participant were from Karnataka and other states like and out from Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh , Andra Pradesh etc.
Amrutha the Student coordinator of 6th sem EEE concluded the session by proposing the vote of thanks.