IT Forum(CLUSTERS): The Department of BCA/B.Sc proposes to coordinate various skill enhancing activities among students through IT (Information Technology) forum. The Forum promotes and facilitates the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the College through planning and implementing various competitions and activities. To keep pace with the rapid changes in the Information Technology sector, IT Forum plays an important role. Information technology forum: The Information Technology forum is an official forum of BCA/B.Sc Department of PESIAMS . The main purpose of the forum is to provide students with opportunities to discuss various IT issues outside the classroom in order to create a greater appreciation for and understanding of technology. The Forum provides a voice for the student community interested in the multifaceted world of IT education. Forum plays a pivotal role in the development of scientific outlook among the students through different exercising of activities. The forum seeks to develop innovative informal approaches and strategies to strengthen IT education by conducting workshops, seminars by eminent personalities. The forum will also be involved in college events, community service, mentoring of new Information Technology students, study groups, presentations by local IT industry experts, field trips, guest lectures, and special events during the year. In addition to their own education, IT forum members strive to educate the masses on the use of technology and stimulate social responsibility awareness which will assist them to learn, grow and fully prepared to face the challenges in life outside the campus and global workforce. Objectives of the proposed IT forum:
- To provide an appropriate forum to the students of the college to exchange their views and thought among themselves on Information and communication technology issues.
- To provide a forum to the students to inculcate their inquisitiveness.
- To provide an effective support to improve students’ academic performance.
- To improve students engagement in college and external activities which include but not limited to industry visits, seminars, workshops and training.
- To strengthen students relationship with one another fostering a responsible sharing of knowledge through personal interactions
- Provide opportunities to explore and nurture students’ talents in cognitive and IT skills, entrepreneurial and interpersonal skills and develop ethical behavior.
- To stimulate students awareness on their social responsibility.
Forum Co-ordinator: Mrs. Ashwini E M
|Bindushree||Vice President||II BCA|
|Harshith G L||Secretary||III BCA|