Cluster is a student forum of Department of the Computer Science of our institution. This forum strives towards the overall development of students through organizing various activities focusing on creative thinking, to enhance skills of facing the challenges of real world and to help them to explore real business scenario. Along with strengthening the academic background of students, it aims to provoke innovative inquisitive thought. Cluster forum came into existence during 2012 and it comprises of Chairperson, Coordinator, Members, Student President,Vice-President and Secretary.
Cluster forum conducts various invited special talks, workshops, industry visits, presentations and innovative inter-class competitions to help students in enhancing their creative ability, build skills required to develop prospective career, help them to improve their conceptual application ability and encourage students to participate in various co-curricular activities/ fests organized by other colleges in and around of Shimoga.
- To enhance skills required for the competitive world.
- To develop entrepreneurship skills among students.
- To improve leadership qualities and communication skills.
- To conduct events intra and inter-college/class competitions to enhance overall development.
- To provide platform to the students of the Institution to exchange their views and thought among themselves on technology.
- To provide a forum to the students to inculcate inquisitiveness.
Composition of the Cluster Forum for the AY 2020-21:
|1.||Dr. K. Sailatha, Principal||Chairperson|
|3.||Mrs. Ashwini E M , Assistant Professor||Coordinator|
|4.||Mrs. Ms. Roopa D. S., HOD||Member|
|5.||Mr. Rangaswamy H, Assistant Professor||Member|
|6.||PRIYANKA S M, Final Year BCA (A)||Student President|
|7.||SWAMY M S , Final Year BCA (B)||Student Vice-President|
|8.||UMMESALMA , Second Year BCA(A)||Student Secretary|
- The Coordinator conducts meeting for the composition of the committee.
- The Chairperson, Coordinator and members of the forum select the student President, Vice-Present and Secretary.
- The Chairperson, coordinator and members nominate 2 active students from each class as of active student members of the forum.
- The Coordinator identifies in house/ external judges to judge various interclass competitions.
- Maintains reports & documents of all the activities.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP):
- The Coordinator student President, Vice-Present and Secretary will plan the list of activities to be conducted in an academic year.
- The Coordinator will take formal permission to execute the plan of activities.
- The Coordinator will notify activities to students through circulars and encourages maximum participation.
- The Coordinator ensures that activities are executed as decided and incorporated in calendar of event of the institution/as decided in the meeting.
- The Coordinator will take feedback of each event organized by the forum to know the quality of the event organized, to enhance the quality of the programmes.
Events Report of 2019-20
|3||Guest Talk on Machine Learning||View|
|4||Computer Awareness Program||View|
|5||Techno Hunt and Flash Talk||View|
|6||Guest Talk on Cloud Computing||View|
Events Report of 2018-19
|1||Guest Talk on Computer Networks||View|
|3||Guest talk on IOT||View|
|4||Guest Talk on Project Development and Research||View|
|5||Workshop on web technology||View|
Events Report of 2017-18
|1||Guest Talk Career Opportunities and Preparation for Interview||View|
|2||Poster Design Event||View|
|3||Networking Game and Treasure Hunt||View|
|4||Participation in Leadership Workshop||View|
|5||Guest Talk on Project Development||View|
|6||Guest Talk on Goal setting and Positive Psychology||View|
|7||Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security Workshop||View|
|8||Guest Talk on Water Pollution||View|
|9||Jewels Miss India Title||View|
|10||Workshop on Career Development||View|
|11||Guest Talk on Innovative teaching and learning methodologies||View|
Events Report of 2016-17
|1||First Place in IT Fest||View|
|2||Mis Karnataka Runner Up Prize||View|
|3||Guest talk on Fundamentals of Statistics and application of Statistical Techniques in Information Technology||View|
|4||Guest Talk on Image Processing||View|
|5||Guest Talk on Basics on Storage area Networking||View|
|6||Guest Talk on Requirement Engineering||View|
|7||Guest Talk on Checking Environment Pollution||View|
Events Report of 2015-16
|1||Tresure Hunt Event||View|