Mr. Prasad S V
PESIAMS library has in to existence in 2008. The library has spread approximately 3,373 Sq ft area with a specious reading room. It is located in the middle wing of the college to serve the user community. The library acts as a nerve centre catering to the needs of the students, researchers and faculty members of the Commerce, Management and Computer Science disciplines.
Students Project Reports: Click here
Online Digital Library Link:Click here
Online E-Resource NLIST Link: Click here
Online Thesis Shodaganag Link: Click here
|Sl. No.||Type of Documents||Numbers|
|4||Student Project Reports||332|
|5||Electronic journals||INFLIBNET N-LIST|
Library Rules and Regulations
- Library will be kept open from 9.00 AM to 5.00 PM (Monday to Friday) On Saturday 9.00 AM To 1.30 PM.
- It is mandatory for both student & faculty members to sign in the library movement register for login & logout details.
- Strict discipline & silence should be maintained in the library at all times.
- Dislocation of chairs, tables or any other furniture / materials are not allowed.
- No persons shall write / damage or make any marks on any books, journals, newspapers or furniture belonging to the library.
- Each student will be allotted bar-coded library membership number which is not transferrable.
- Students are strictly informed to renew / return books after 15 days of the issue. In case of failing the same fine will be collected.
- Magazines, Journals, Newspapers, Question Papers etc should be referred only inside of the library.
Library is the heart of any educational institution. It indicates the quality of teaching – learning activity in an institution. A well-equipped and well-managed library is the foundation of modern educational structure. The importance of library in education can be appreciated properly & precisely, only if we try to understand the changing concepts of education today. Education without library service is like a body without soul, a vehicle without engine and an “edifice merely a collection of bricks without cement”. Education & library service are twin sisters and one cannot live apart from the other. According to the 5th law of library science “The library is a growing organism”. A library is a social institution and it will keep growing like an organism.
- To promote reading habit in students and faculty members of the institution.
- To disseminate information regarding Current Awareness Services (CAS) for the benefit of faculties and students to keep them updated with the latest developments in their area of interest.
- Implementation of Information Communication Technology (ICT) application for quick information storage, retrieval and deliver to user community.
- To put effort in enhancing the quality by subscribing to quality journals.
- To procure books as per the requirement of students and faculty members.
- To provide digital library service to all students enabling them to avail 24/7 service.
Composition of Library Committee for the AY 2020-21
|1||Dr. K Sailatha, Principal||Chairperson|
|3||Dr. DileepKumar S.D, Coordinator, P.G Department of Commerce||Member|
|4||Dr. Sudharshan.G.M, HOD, Department of Commerce & Management & IQAC Coordinator||Member|
|5||Ms. Roopa D .S HOD, Department of Computer Science||Member|
|6||Dr. Praveen Chandra N,Asst. Professor, Department of Kannada||Member|
|7||Ms. Kavitha.U P, Asst. Professor, Department of Hindi||Member|
|8||Mr. Aditya J, Asst. Professor, Department of English||Member|
|9||Miss Shreya S, V Sem, BCA||Student Member|
|10||Mr. Charan K G, V Sem, BBA||Student Member|
|11||Mr.Manjunath M, V Sem, B.Com.||Student Member|
|12||Miss Sankalpa K, II Sem, B.Sc.||Student Member|
|13||Miss. Arpitha L, III Sem, M.Com.||Student Member|
- Suggesting the librarian to procure standard and relevant text books having updated curriculum.
- Encourage students to use more library resources.
- To co-ordinate with the librarian in subscribing to magazines, periodicals and books for competitive examinations.\
- Co-ordinate with the librarian in implementing the code of conduct.
- Library committee meets twice in a year wherein members put forth their requirements for the library procurement.
- The librarian after collecting the list of books from faculty members, forwarded by the Heads of the Department, submits it to the Principal with necessary note.
- The Principal after having discussion in the committee verifies the budget allotted for it and finally forwards that to the management for necessary action.
- The institution while processing library books, invites three quotations from different vendors. The quotation quoting least price and meeting all specifications will be finalized.
- The books so procured are taken into stock and placed in the stack of library.
- Every year librarian renews online (N-LIST) and print journals.
The following are the services of the library:
Orientation programme is conducted in order to create awareness to first year students of all programs about the proper utilization of the library resources and services. This progrmme also provide information about N-List (e-Shodha Sindhu) consortium and provides awareness regarding usage of the same by creating login credentials.
Library has good collection of reference books including Dictionaries, Year book, Competitive examination books etc.
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) facility is being offered to the user community of the institution in order to provide first hand information about the availability and location of the materials in the library. Students are allowed to refer or download question papers of previous years from any area. Library also maintains printed question papers years wise in the form of booklets, which is made available for the reference of both students and faculty members.
SEVEN computers are made available with internet facility for the purpose of accessing e-resources of the library.
Notice board is placed at the entrance of the library. Students get updates about employment and career opportunities, News papers clippings etc through the notice board.
Inter-Library Borrowing Facility:
The PESIAMS has internal MOU with PESITM library of MAB to facilitate more accessibility of library resources at PESITM.
Xerox and print facility are made available for students at lower cost.
Following is the list of some best ICT initiatives (India and abroad) with their access link:
Mr. Prasad S. V.
PES Institute of Advanced Management Studies
NH 206, Sagar Road, Shivamogga - 577 204