Sankalpa is a student forum of the PG Department of Commerce of our institution. This forum strives towards the overall development of students through organizing various activities focusing on creative thinking, to enhance skills of facing the challenges of real world and to help them to explore real business scenario. Along with strengthening the academic background of the students, it aims to provoke innovative inquisitive thoughts among mind of the students. Sankalpa forum came into existence during the academic year 2014-15 and it comprises of Chairperson, Coordinator, Members, Student President, Student Vice-President and Student Secretary.
Sankalpa forum conducts various invited special talks, workshops, industry visits, presentations and innovative inter class competitions to help students in enhancing their creative ability, build skills required to develop prospective career, help them to improve their conceptual application ability and encourages students to participate in various co-curricular activities/ management fests organized by other colleges in and around Shimoga.
- To provide practical exposure to students through guest talk by experts and through industry institute interactions.
- To prepare students to participate in conferences and seminars.
- To support and guide students to take up UGC NET, KSET, IBPS and other competitive exams.
- To guide and train students to attend interviews.
- To provide platform to students to exhibit their creativity and talents and to improve their soft skills and presentation skills.
- To inculcate the attitude of social concern through organizing social interaction programs, blood donation camps etc.
- To have fun and meet each other a single platform once in a week to exchange their ideas, views, thoughts and learning.
Composition of the SANKALPA Forum for the AY 2020-21:
|1.||Dr. K. Sailatha, Principal||Chairperson|
|2||Mr. Rudramuni P B Assistant professor||Coordinator|
|3.||Dr. Dileep Kumar S D, PG Coordinator||Member|
|4.||Mr. Abhishek S Assistant Professor||Member|
|5.||Mrs. Ayesha Siddiqua, Assistant Professor||Member|
|6.||Rakesh U, Final Year M.Com||Student President|
|7.||Suma B Y , Final Year M.Com||Student Vice-President|
|8.||Arpita L, Final Year M.Com||Student Secretary|
- The Coordinator conducts meeting for the composition of the committee.
- The Chairperson, Coordinator and members of the forum select the Student President, Vice-Present and Secretary.
- The Chairperson, coordinator and members nominate 2 active students from each class as active student members of the forum.
- Coordinator identifies in house/ external judges to judge various interclass competitions.
- Maintains reports and documents of all the forum activities.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP):
- The Coordinator Student President, Vice-Present and Secretary will plan the list of activities to be conducted in an academic year.
- The Coordinator will take formal permission to execute the plan of activities.
- The Coordinator will notify activities to the students through circulars and encourages maximum participation.
- The Coordinator ensures that all the activities are executed as decided and incorporated in the calendar of events of the institution/as decided in the meeting.
- The Coordinator will take feedback of each event organized by the forum to know the quality of the event organized, to enhance the quality of the future.
Events Report of 2020-21
|1||Guest talk on Union Budget Analysis||View|
Events Report of 2019-20
|1||Guest talk on intellectual property rights||View|
|2||Coin Logo Event||View|
|3||UGC NET Event||View|
|4||Performance Appraisal Method||View|
|5||Personality And Perception and consequences of stress on individual and organization||View|
|9||Logic and Analytical Reasoning||View|
|13||New product Development||View|
Events Report of 2018-19
|1||Indian Economy And Digitalisation||View|
|2||Issues And Challenges In IFRS||View|
|4||Tax Structure in India||View|
|8||Supply Chain Trends||View|
|11||125th year Celebration||View|
|13||Icebreaker creative introduction||View|
|14||Research Methodology And Inferential Statistics||View|
Events Report of 2017-18
|1||Commerce cricket league||View|
|2||Placement Training Program||View|
|4||Guest Talk On Mutual Funds||View|
|5||Ecommerce For Business||View|
|6||Capital Market Issues And Development||View|
|7||Kannada Rajyothsava celebration||View|
|9||Teachers Day Celebration||View|
vents Report of 2016-17
|1||Women's Day Celebration||View|
|2||Demonetization on Indian Economy||View|