Extra curricular activities like sports not only helps an individual to maintain physical well being, but boosts an individual's mental ability to a great extent. As a premier institution, the college provides a platform to students to excel in their area of potential.
The campus has got facilities for indoor games (Chess, Carrom, Table Tennis etc.,) and an impressive ground for outdoor games (Cricket, Football, Basketball, Lawn Tennis etc). Apart from this, there are facilities like 400 meters track field and multi-gym which increase students' physical endurance. The college is proud of conducting fide rated state level chess tournament recently.
Department of Physical Education
Procedure for Sports and Games Activities
Participation Procedure for inter college university level competitions:
- At the beginning of the AY Kuvempu University Conducts a meeting of physical Directors of all the degree colleges coming under it and decides the events to conduct and venues.
- As next step Kuvempu University sends the above said circular to all the colleges informing them of the events, date, venue and selection trails.
- The Physical director of the institution puts up the circular on the notice board and a circular is also sent to all classes. The students who are interested in participating in sports events will enroll their names with the physical director.
- Students are given the opportunity to participate in the selection trails of the institution and on the appointed day previously announced, selection of students for College team to participate in Kuvempu University Inter College and other tournaments is made by the sports committee based upon their merit and performance and further, training is given to these selected students with regular practice.
- After selecting the team, a 15 day coaching camp is conducted on the campus of the institution.
- A proposal for approval is submitted to the management through the principal for sending the college team.
Organizing Inter Department Sports:
- The Physical Director calls a meeting of the Sports Committee members for organizing Inter department sports and events and dates are decided. Both individual and team events are conducted.
- In the meeting, fixtures will be drawn and after the approval of the principal matches will be conducted accordingly.
- The winner and runner up teams are awarded individual medals and certificates.
Email Id: email@example.com
Events Report of 2019-20
|1||College Sports Competitions||View|
Events Report of 2018-19
|1||Student Participation in Kabbadi Championship||View|
|2||Student Participation in Handball Selection||View|
|3||Student Participation in Football selection||View|
|5||College Sports Competitions||View|
Events Report of 2017-18
|1||Zone Level Cricket tournament||View|
|2||2nd Place in Javelin||View|
|3||Student Selected for Hand Ball KU Team||View|
|4||Football Tournment Participation||View|
Events Report of 2016-17
|1||3rd Place in Taikwando||View|