Higher education forms the basis of knowledge society, a comprehensive system of creativity and innovation, which are very critical for attaining rapid socioeconomic development. The changing educational landscape calls for setting up a formal and effective mechanism for the approval, periodic review, monitoring, evaluation and assessment of quality of the programmes in higher education institutions. It is in this vain that the proposal by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) to establish Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been undertaken by PES Advanced Institute of Management Studies, Shivamogga.
The quality assurance activities are not just limited to collecting data; rather they are also expected to analyze the data for enhancing quality, providing accountability, establishing stakeholder confidence and creating trust in the institution's performance.
Objectives of the IQAC
- To promote a quality assurance culture within the institution.
- Develop, maintain and enhance quality of education and people’s perception in favour of the institution through consistent quality assurance practice and performance.
- Build image of the institution with confidence of the stakeholders ensuring transparency, accountability, and good practices in all aspects of management.
Functions of IQAC
- Facilitate the mission and objectives of the institution for enhancing the quality and relevance of higher education and respond to national trends on quality education.
- Develop standards and benchmarks for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Review existing procedures for further improvement of delivery of educational service.
- Encourage staff to maintain professional code of conduct and facilitate to maintain good practices in operations.
- Conduct regular monitoring of implementation of policies, systems, processes and procedures.
- Develop a data base containing information regarding quality assurance, which will be deliverable to all stakeholders.
- Prepare and produce annual institutional quality assurance report.
- Organize workshops, seminars and appropriate training for capacity building and promoting quality assurance culture in the institution.