Counselling Services for Students
PES Trust, Shivamogga is committed to the overall well-being of its students. It strongly believes only through effective counseling this could be achieved. A separate counseling cell has been set up in the campus for the benefit of students. The counseling cell aims to promote psychological / emotional well-being of students apart from career & educational guidance.
Students can avail counseling services on Tuesday & Friday between 3 – 5 pm. The counseling cell is headed by Dr. Aruna. A. Dr. Aruna has specialized in Psychology and Education in her undergraduate program and has a Masters in Human Resource Management. Also, she is currently pursuing a PhD in Skilling Domain. She has decade experience in academia managing different students at various levels.
1. To promote psychological/ emotional well-being of the students.
2. To motivate the students to understand and develop their potentialities.
3. To provide career & educational guidance.
1. To identify the students who need help.
2. Conduct individual & group counselling sessions.
3. Seek expert opinions & support in critical cases.
4. Organize lectures/seminars/workshops by expert speakers and professionals.
5. Involving parents/teachers in the process.
Guidelines for counselling
• The consent of the student will be obtained from the mentor before the commencement of counselling
• Adhering to confidentiality is of prime importance
• Prior appointments are encouraged
• Clear boundaries of the counselling relationship will be established
• Assessment accessibility will be provided only if the absolute need arises.
Procedure for counselling
• Though the students can approach the Counsellor during the working hours of the college, prior appointments are usually encouraged to follow a systematic procedure.
• Faculty members can refer any student for misconduct/ misbehaviour in class during the class hours
• The counsellor obtains the consent from the counselee and establishes the boundaries of the relationship during the first set of counselling.
• The minimum duration of the counselling session is 30 minutes; however it can extend up to 60 minutes if the need arises.
• Every counselling session is documented and an assessment is made.
• Follow up is done to understand the progress of the situation.
For more information contact
Dr. Aruna A
Manager – Career Development Centre
Prerana Educational and Social Trust (R)
N H -206, Sagar Road, Shivamogga – 577204